Trouble TTC

CD1 Blues

Yup, CD1 over here. I am bumming hard. I had a gut feeling early on in the last cycle that these IUI's aren't going to work for us. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it happening. 

I have my baseline appointment for IUI#3 on Monday. We're going to proceed with the same course of treatment (100mg Clomid & Ovidrel). The past two times, it yielded 3 then 2 follies. DH's numbers have been amazing both times. It all appears perfect on paper...

We will also schedule our mini-consult if (when) this cycle fails. What could possibly be next after this? Is there anything else between here and IVF?

I have a horrible attitude about this cycle. We haven't even started, and I'm already anticipating a BFN. Has anyone else ever felt like that? How do you put yourself back together and keep on trucking?

IF sucks. 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
       Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!

Re: CD1 Blues

• I am so sorry. Sad  Sending you huge hugs. I know how you feel. It's really hard to stay optimistic sometimes. I really hope that this is the one for you, but if it's not, good luck w/your consult and coming up with next steps. In the mean time, enjoy a drink and some comfort food! 

** After  2 1/2 years of Unexplained IF, 2 failed medicated cycles, and 4 failed IUI's - our baby girl came to us through the miracle of
     Mini IVF! **

• So sorry lady.  I really think the only thing between IUI+clomid is IUI+injects.  We never did any before moving on bc of our MFI issues, but its something to consider.  Go do something fun that you wouldn't do if you were pregnant!!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so so sorry CiCi. Hang in there. You'll get through it the same way you got through all those marathons you have done. You are an amazing and strong women. One step at a time.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • It is very hard to pick yourself back up.  I just did my 5th IUI today.  As much as I hope and wish and cross my fingers, in my mind I am prepared for IUI #6.  It is important to let yourself feel the frustration and sadness though.  After all that, I then tell myself I am strong and I am not going to let IF rule me.  FU IF!  I can't control what is happening, the only thing I can control is how I face these struggles.   It is truly like a roller coaster of emotions and thoughts.  Hope this next cycle is the one for you.  
    Me 36, Married TTC Since 2009
    HSG = blocked tubes in March 2011
    (Would have started work up sooner but husband deployed in 2010)
    Tubes unblocked successfully in June 2011
    TTC naturally no success (Husband deployed again in2011
    Clomid IUI 3 rounds- Dec 2012, Jan. 2013, Feb. 2013 Failed
    IUI # 4 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp.- April 2013-Failed
    IUI # 5 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp - June 2013-Failed
    IUI # 6 Follistim/Ganirelix/Ovidrel/Progesterone Supp - June 2013-Failed
    On a break while husband is deployed.  Will try to do more testing and prepare for IVF
    strength quotes photo: strength strength.jpg
  •   I'm new to this board, but I've been waiting to hear your news.  I'm so sorry.  
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Sorry Run..CD1 is rearing right around the corner here too...like another PP said, FU IF! 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • rox825rox825 member
    I've read that IUI with injects has higher success rates than IUI with clomid, so you could consider that next? I'm sorry for your BFN.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• That fishbowl and oreo drink look like it could help right about now Wink

Thanks for the support, ladies.

Rox, do you know what the additional benefit is of injects over clomid? According to my RE and numbers, I'm getting a good response out of the clomid. I wonder what more the injects can do? I guess it's a question to add to the list for the mini-consult. 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day

imageimageimage

• Sorry you're having a rough one, CD 1 does suuuuuuuuuck. Similarly to what others have recommended, I do all the things you can't do when KU - dye your hair, cocktails, go for a hard run, etc. I'm like,"Well eff you AF!  I needed my highlights touched up anyway!" :(
  • Cici- My heart is heavy reading this. So sorry it didn't go well. Go for a long run and crack yourself a nice bottle of wine and drink the WHOLE thing. Can you try the injects for next IUI since this protocol doesn't seem to be working. Hang in there. HUGS!
    TTC for baby #1 since March 2012 DH SA- ZERO Jan 2013, Low T, started clomid. Up and down swimmies since. Me- Ovulation dysfunction, low progesterone, hormone levels all off http://babydreamsinnj.blogspot.com
  • Sorry to hear that youre back to cycle day one, so am I today. We tried Clomid this past cycle and had the best timing so far but still no luck. Just got back from a mani and pedi and having a nice stiff drink. I haven't been on a run for two months, per doctors orders, just walking and light weights. I may go for a run tomorrow morning, ha! We can't control everything, but we can control how we bounce from it. So, do something you enjoy this weekend and try to stay positive. It will happen! 
  • The benefit of injects over Clomid is more control over better follies. For my RE his office success rate is approx 10 for Clomid IUI and about 25 for injects and IUI.

I'm so sorry about cd1. Hugs!!!

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• I'm on CD1 too. I feel your pain. Enjoying a glass of wine with the hubs then going to bed. Sending good vibes your way today.

• imagetigger99:

Sorry about CD1. That sucks.

I had decent response to both clomid and femara (2 follies every time). My RE and I talked and she said we could either move to IVF or try a cycle with IUI with injects. They have slightly more control over your follies and it works differently on your hormones. I don't remember everything she said it was overwhelming but the rates were slightly higher for success. I opted to try one IUI with injects prior to moving to IVF.

Yes

Andplusalso, it gives you a test run to see how you will respond to injects.  It will tell your RE a lot about setting up your protocol when it comes to IVF if you get to that point.  ((hugs))

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• I'm sorry about your CD 1. We are still in the testing phase, but my CD 1 was this week and I ate my feelings in a brownie earthquake from DQ. It was delicious.
    Pregnancy Ticker

TTC #1 since June 2012
    Me (28) - DOR (AFC <10, undetectable AMH, >10 FSH), homozygous E429A MTHFR
    DH (29) - MFI low count and morphology

September 2013 IUI#1 - Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN
    October 2013 IUI#2 - Letrozole + Menopur + Trigger + IUI = BFN

Nov 2013 IVF/ICSI #1 - Protocol: BCP prep, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (12 days), ganirelex
    Results: 5 retrieved / mature, 4 fertilized, 1 arrested and 3 complex abnormal after day 3 PGS = Cancelled after ER
    Jan/Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #2 - Protocol: Estrogen priming, high doses Menopur and Bravelle (11 days), microdose lupron
    Results: Cancelled after 11 days of stims due to low response and E2 levels
    Feb 2014 IVF/ICSI #3 - Protocol: No prep, low dose Menopur (6 days), ganirelex, Bravelle booster with trigger
    Results: 1 retrieved / 0 mature = Cancelled after ER

Officially moving on to embryo adoption! We used and love Embryo Adoption Services of Cedar Park
    October 2014 FET #1 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    December 2014 FET #2 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 4 from match #1, BFN
    March 2015 FET #3 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    May 2015 FET #4 - BCP/Lupron/Estrace/Prometrium, lost 2 to thaw, transferred 2 of 6 from match #2, BFN
    October 2015 FET #5 - Natural cycle, lost 1 from match #3 and 1 from clinic backup to thaw, transferred 1 backup, BFN
    February 2016 FET #6 - Natural cycle, transferred 1 from match #4, B FREAKING P!
    Beta 1 = 162, Beta 2 = 316, doubling just over 48 hours

• imagejschwind22:
    imagetigger99:

I had decent response to both clomid and femara (2 follies every time). My RE and I talked and she said we could either move to IVF or try a cycle with IUI with injects. They have slightly more control over your follies and it works differently on your hormones. I don't remember everything she said it was overwhelming but the rates were slightly higher for success. I opted to try one IUI with injects prior to moving to IVF.

Yes

Andplusalso, it gives you a test run to see how you will respond to injects.  It will tell your RE a lot about setting up your protocol when it comes to IVF if you get to that point.  ((hugs))

Jschwind, Tigger, Sueann and anyone else who wants to chime in, do you think it'll be too last minute to ask to do injects for this current cycle? I'm going in on Monday, CD 4, for my baseline. Gah, I have absolutely no confidence in another clomid+ovidrel+IUI cycle. It just seems like I'm going to waste a lot of time, resources, and tears for nothing.

**SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• I'm sorry about CD1 :( At least it's in time for the weekend to do all non-pregnant things

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • imageRunCC37:
    imagejschwind22:
    imagetigger99:

Yes

Andplusalso, it gives you a test run to see how you will respond to injects.&nbsp; It will tell your RE a lot about setting up your protocol when it comes to IVF if you get to that point.&nbsp; ((hugs))

Jschwind, Tigger, Sueann and anyone else who wants to chime in, do you think it'll be too last minute to ask to do injects for this current cycle? I'm going in on Monday, CD 4, for my baseline. Gah, I have absolutely no confidence in another clomid+ovidrel+IUI cycle. It just seems like I'm going to waste a lot of time, resources, and tears for nothing.

It can't hurt to ask. I started injects on CD9...one shot of Brevelle on CD9 and a second one on CD11. Depending on how fast you can get the meds, I say at least ask about it. I think it was at my CD3 monitoring appointment that they have me the green light.

• I'm so sorry ((hugs))

I hope today looks a little brighter for you! 

imageimage

image  imageimage
                      imageimage

TTC #1 since November 2011
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility, probable endometriosis
    Feb-April 2013: Femara + TI: BFN
    May - September 2013:  Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#1-4 = BFN
    IVF # 1 November 2013: transferred 1 perfect blast = BFN
    IVF # 2 April 2014: Endo scrape, transferred 2 blasts = BFP!! (first ever!), CP
    FET #1 June 2014: transferred 2 blasts = BFFN
    New Dx: Repeat Implantation Failure
     IVF # 3 November 2014 = BFP!!  Beta #1 9dp5t 272  Beta # 2 11dp5dt 626
    It's Twins! 
    *everyone welcome*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"