Success after IF

Loving the second (and third) time around!

When DS was an infant I was such a stressball. I worried about every little decision. Don't get me wrong - I was so happy to have him and loved my time with him, but I was always worrying. I find that I am so much less stressed out this time around. Even with twin infants and a two and a half year old. It is so much easier to enjoy these LOs when I am not tying myself in knots worrying about every little thing. It is a lot of work, but I am so happy right now. :)
Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!

Re: Loving the second (and third) time around!

• It is easier the second, third and in my case, the fourth time around.  Everyone seems surprised when I say that Maren is just slipped right into the family as if she'd always been there and it really doesn't seem all THAT hard to have one more.  But, I think that's because like you said, you are typically much more relaxed after your first.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• That is so awesome! I really hope we are able to do #2&3! Enjoy!!
    TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Loading the player...
  • This is so awesome to hear!!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• This is so nice to read! I'm glad its easier for you, and I hope its easier for me too!
    DX: Severe MFI 
    IVF # 1 ~ Antagonist ~ ER 1/27/11~ ET 1/30/11 ~ + HPT 7dp3dt 
    DD born med-free on 10/24/11 
    Lilypie - (lZjk)
    IVF # 2 ~Antagonist ~ ER 6/5/13 ~ ET 6/10/13 ~ + HPT 4dp5dt 
    Lilypie - (OUlo)

• Good to hear.  I always joke about how lax I am with our second!  I think I've only used our baby monitor twice sine the day he was born, have fed him pretty much everything we eat since he was about 6 months old (whoops???) and find myself saying, "Eh ... he's fine" about 10 times a day!  Fun times!!! 

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• This is a great update. I was wondering how you were all adjusting. I always worried with DS. Looking forward to less worrying with number 2. Thanks for the hope. :p
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel the same way you do.  When people ask how it is with triplets, I tell them that it feels easier than it did with my first.  I then get looked at like I have a 3rd eye.  DS1 was the easiest baby ever, but the anxiety of being a first time mom was the worst.  This time around, I'm so much more relaxed and nothing really phases me, not even three screaming babies during the witching hour :)  The only thing that makes me sad is that they're already growing too fast and I don't want them too.

PAIFW/SAIFW

DS1 born July 2002 (previous marriage).

TTC since Oct 08. DH Dx w/testicular cancer March 09.
    MFI due to retrograde ejaculation/azoospermia.
    5/2 IVF #1 cancelled due to large follie.
    6/14 start Lupron for IVF #1.2. 6/22 start stims.
    7/4 ER and Biopsy.
    7/9 Transferred 2 (1-4BB and 1-3BB) embryos.  4 frosties.
    7/15 +HPT 6dp5dt. 7/18 Beta #1: 193. 7/20 Beta #2: 415.
    8/10 1st u/s - It's triplets!

• This makes me so happy to read, I'm so glad you are enjoying yourself!

I was definitely a lot less stressed the second time around with nursing. Even though it was still a struggle in the beginning, I knew that I could do it.

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Glad to hear everything is going well!   I'm hoping this time through will be easier in that aspect.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    That's so awesome! Glad I hear you are all doing well and it is easier this time around.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • That is so awesome!!! Glad to hear -- you've definitely earned it! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"