Two Under 2

20 weeks pregnant need advice

How do i prepare my now 14month old for a new baby? What do i do when im in labor/delivery and during recovery? My son also breastfeeds and cosleeps..

Re: 20 weeks pregnant need advice

• imageloveN_387:
    How do i prepare my now 14month old for a new baby? What do i do when im in labor/delivery and during recovery? My son also breastfeeds and cosleeps..

One thing I would suggest is start teaching him to be gentle with your belly. Teach him to rub softly and give nice touches to brother/sister, that way when baby comes, it's easier to make the correlation and he already knows how to be gentle.

I would also suggest starting to teach your son listen well (as best you can, ha!) and do certain things on his own. Example: walking to/from the car. You won't want to carry him and the infant carrier, so start teaching him to hold your hand and to listen when you are in a parking lot. 

Hope that helps a little! 

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• imageloveN_387:

Start by getting him to sleep in his crib now so that the transition is easier. The earlier the better, you don't want to do that when the baby is here which you will probably have to for your own sanity because it will make it harder for him to adjust.
    Are you planning to breastfeeding both children? If not, start weaning him from the breast to a sippy cup. Talk to him about the new baby but I think it will be hard for him to understand until the baby is here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My oldest daughter was obsessed with my breasts for about 3 months after weaning. If she saw my breasts at all she would completely freak out. Unless you plan to tandem feed I would wean soon so that your toddler isn't upset when you feed the baby. I gave my daughter a doll to practice/play with so that she learned to be gentle before baby was born. DD#1 had an obsession with poking the dolls eyes so I'm glad she got it out of her system. Independence is important as it will allow you some space to take care of your newborn.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"