September 2012 Moms
Options

momtobenj

this is to piggy back off of the "what do we post"  and wanted to share this with you since you mentioned an interest in the school counselor certification

since you have your masters in counseling, the state will accept classes from that program  towards your school counseling certification.  you have to have them do a transcript review and they will then tell you what you need to take it.  i did it and i only needed 15 credits, which was a breeze

Re: momtobenj

• Options

You're right - I did look into this a while back. I will revisit in a couple of years and see if it's something I still want to pursue.

The only thing I need to take into account is where I would be starting in terms of salary when I first enter a school district. It could be a huge pay cut that we probably can't afford. I would have to figure out how many years it would take for me to work up to my current salary and beyond, and decide if we can swing it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

true.. if not you can keep doing the job that you love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Exactly! I am very lucky in that regard. Money isn't everything...although a little more WOULD be nice.

;) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"