Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Rec: Umbrella stroller

I am registering for the Uppababy VISTA after referrals from everyone I know and intend on keeping this stroller in the car for all outings. We live in a condo where you have to go up 2 flights of stairs to get to our house so lugging it up and down is out of the question. My mom suggested I keep an umbrella stroller of some sort in my hall closet for short walks outside. Which one would you all recommend? I want a heavy duty one that we can use when we travel down the road but it needs to fold up and be compact as our hall closet isn't very big. 

Thanks! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rec: Umbrella stroller

• Options
    Uppababy G luxe. I love mine, great recline, great UV shade, and easy to fold.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options

Baby Jogger City Micro.  Folds flat, easy to maneuver, awesome sunshade, reclines.

https://www.target.com/p/baby-jogger-city-micro-stroller/-/A-14100178#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=city+micro 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebethanyreese:
    Uppababy G luxe. I love mine, great recline, great UV shade, and easy to fold.

Ditto! 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    I have a vista and also love our Gluxe. I find the recline is still nice to have at 15 mos.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    aeh72aeh72 member
    Just a thought - if you're keeping your main stroller in your car - couldn't you just get the stroller out of the car when you want to go for walks?  That sounds easier than lugging another stroller, albeit a smaller one, up and down 2 flights of stairs, along with a baby.  We keep our stroller in the car too and I take it out whenever we go for walks outside.  But, maybe I'm misunderstanding your intended use of the umbrella stroller! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mmdd20mmdd20 member
    Aprica Presto Flat. Best stroller we ever bought. And an infant seat can snap into it.

• Options
    Have you considered getting the Cruz instead of the Vista? It is much lighter, more compact, narrower wheel base, but has all the features of the vista except the jump seat. Then you might not need 2. I also agree with PP, cant you just walk down the stairs and then put baby in the stroller that you just got out of your car? Unless maybe you don't park near your house?
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• Options
    We've lived in a similar condo situation and had a BOB revolution that we kept in the car for storage.  When going out for a walks, we just stopped by the car first and unloaded the BOB.  A small umbrella stroller is not a bad idea, but the more rugged they are, the heavier and bulkier they tend to be.  Also keep in mind that newborns and young infants can't be placed directly in strollers unless they can recline almost flat and only some umbrella strollers can accept infant car seats with the aid of special adapters or built in connections.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"