Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Witching hour wakeup--literally

Ok, my 10 (almost 11 month old) has been a beautiful sleeper since 3 months.

I am very lucky and VERY grateful. But lately--for the past two weeks--she has been getting up crying at midnight EVERY night. She does have a third tooth coming in on the bottom but it is such a small one I have no idea why it is affecting her sleep so badly. She has her top 4 and 2 center bottom teeth and the wakeups with all those weren't nearly as bad or as long lasting as with this one.

Fortuntely she goes right back to sleep (most of the time) but she won't fall back asleep in the crib, she only will if we put her in the swing or our bed.

I want to get out of this bad habit of putting her in the swing and our bed but have no idea how to. I really would hate to do CIO bc she has been such a good baby and hardly ever cries. I really don't think it is necessary, but I have no idea what to do.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any others have babies that did this around this age?

TIA!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Halloween tickers

Re: Witching hour wakeup--literally

• is she hungry? DD does this sometime and I give her a bottle to soothe her and she falls back asleep for the night!

I don't do CIO either. She usually just lets me feed her, SOMETIMES rock her, change her and she falls back asleep!

Try those things first before letting her swing or putting her in your bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"