December 2012 Moms
Options

MOTN feeding

How many LO are still waking for at least one feeding at night? And any tips from the mama's of babies who are sleeping straight through on how to wean away from them? I would just love to have a solid block of sleep!

Re: MOTN feeding

• Options
    Cecilia wakes up between 4 and 5 which actually feels harder than when she woke up at 2 because we can't go back to sleep after. I guess the good thing is that she's getting closer to sleeping past 5 which would be awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    LO was down to one waking and woke 3 times last night. Then she decided to get up an hour early too-Mama's sleeepy!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ::raises hand::

Alexandra got up twice last night. She kept nursing and then staring up at me.Kind of creepy when you're half asleep.
    My goofy little love. I love you Alexandra Marie.
  • Options
    She gets up at least once. I think it's because she's too busy to nurse enough during the day. Also she can stand now and every time she wakes up she stands and cries. Last night we were up over an hour because of hiccups and she wanted to play.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options

At our 6 month check up Killian was waking up every 2 -3 hours to eat so on the suggestion of the Doc I switched around his schedule & started offering more food during the day but at set meal times that were at least 4 hours apart and only offered a half bottle twice a night at times I picked (11p & 3a). It was a grumpy few days around our house but he's got it down now and is so much happier over-all. I'm sleeping slightly better although I still wake up sometimes and just listen for him.

over the next couple of weeks I will be working towards pushing that 11p feeding closer to midnight/1a and eliminting the 3a all together. Its a slow process but the gradual transition seems to be what he needs to make the switch less traumatic for everyone involved. 

image image image
  • Options

Morgan gets up once at night to eat, and my sister suggested that I gradually give her less and less.  So this week she gets a 6 oz bottle, next week it will be 5, then 4 oz and on until 2 oz.  It really doesn't make sense to give her only 1 oz so after the 2 oz one I am hoping she starts STTN. 

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    My guys always go down at 7 but wake up between 4 and 4:30 for a 4 oz bottle. I just started upping two of their feedings from 6 oz to 8 oz hoping to shift the calories to daytime....I don't figure it will happen instantly, though, and their pedi said that 9 hours of unbroken sleep is pretty good. I don't think I'd know what to do with myself if I got a full night of sleep anyway, haha!
  • Options
    Right now we have 2 night feedings at 1:30 and 5:30. But we just transitioned from bedsharing back to the crib and took the paci away one week ago. So I am giving it more time before I try to cut down to one feeding. She eats  a ton during the day plus genuinely nurses at those night feedings, so for now I will assume she actually needs them and not worry about it for a few months.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Margo has slept 8-6:30 once. 

Usually she's up between 2-4, she'll nurse for 15 min and go back to sleep until 6:45- 7:30.

Prior to her 6 mo appt, she would wake 2-3 times a night. Our ped suggested I up her solids during the day. Lo & behold, it worked! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    Faye Normally Sleeps 104 Then Up Every Two Hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LO is still waking 1-2X to eat.  She slept 12 hours straight only once.  As much as I wish she'd make it a habit, I'm so used to waking up with her in the MOTN that I think I will miss it!  *Gasp!*  She doesn't nurse well during the day, so it's at least one good feed from me.  She's easy to soothe in the middle of the night.  Feed and back to sleep.  It's easy and somewhat satisfying.  Eventually I'm going to sleep train, just not quite ready to yet.
  • Options
    ObLaDiObLaDi member
    DS is up every few hours and is legit hungry every time. I've tried decreasing the amount of time I let him nurse, but then he's just up even more.

Now I'm just focusing on rolling with it and trying to offer more frequent feeds during the day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"