April 2013 Moms
Options

C section Moms

I'm nearly 4m pp. Every day or morning when I get out of bed and usualy towards the end of the day my whole spine is achy.

It's not my muscles or lower back its literally my spine. All up and down it. Could this have anything to do with the spinal block? Is this normal..? Google is no help and I don't know if its worth a call to the ob?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: C section Moms

• Options
    I haven't experienced this, I would call the OB just to see what they have to say. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had c section and failed epidural which resulted in general anathesia so not familiar with spinal but would call to double check. Wonder if it's new muscles stretched or developed from carrying babies? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have back pain when I go back to be after nursing in the middle of the night for a couple minutes, but that's it. I've also been going to the chiropractor every couple weeks though

I'd say tell your dr but also go to a chiro .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am 3 months PP, had a spinal block for my C-section and have no spine issues.  I would call the doctor just to be safe.

Maybe it has something to do w/ carrying twins?  Maybe something is just out of alignment- chiro may help too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Adalyn 9/28/2010 & Peter 4/1/2013

• Options
    evertzevertz member
    My back is still tender where they put the epidural/spinal block in but not all over.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Think I'm going to try a trip or two to the chiro and see if that helps!
  • Options
    I've always had a pretty decent core because I dance. I'm almost wondering if its due to my carrying twins and the 4 months of bedrest. Maybe my body still getting back into the swing of things? When I have time to exercise between two infants, working, etc. I'm usually so exhausted and in pain!
  • Options

I don't nkow, but I can tell you that at 3 months PP, I DON'T have that, and I didn't have a spinal block (mine was emergency cs, so it was epidural only).  I would call your doc.  BUT, you're also carting around twins, so it could be just from a lot of bending over, picking up, setting down, etc!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagejss1482:
    I had c section and failed epidural which resulted in general anathesia so not familiar with spinal but would call to double check. Wonder if it's new muscles stretched or developed from carrying babies? 

So not only do we have the same screen name almost, but we had the same situation!?  I also had a failed epidural and general anesthesia!  I didn't know you'd had that.  Sucked, didn't it?

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've had 3 c-sections, 1 with an epidural and 2 with spinals. I've never experienced spinal pain. I think I would call the OB and ask; it does sound like it could be a side effect of the spinal block.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    I Was really weak early on, especially my back, but not the spine itself. i haven't had any issues with my spinal, or carrying twins except the weakness i was telling you about early on. i attributed that to bedrest recovery. i do have arthritis in one of my ankles that is causing me pain and stiffness in the mornings when i get up, so maybe that? I'm 38, so older, but not young anymore...

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    Well I'm 22 and feel like im 60 and falling apart! haha. I feel like I shouldn't have this but there are so many factors it could be attributed to. Maybe ill be making a trip to the doctor instead. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    imageJSS1002:
    imagejss1482:
    I had c section and failed epidural which resulted in general anathesia so not familiar with spinal but would call to double check. Wonder if it's new muscles stretched or developed from carrying babies?nbsp;
    So not only do we have the same screen name almost, but we had the same situation!?nbsp; I also had a failed epidural and general anesthesia!nbsp; I didn't know you'd had that.nbsp; Sucked, didn't it?[/quote

It was awful! At the time I didn't care after 18 hours of labor and feeling it since the epi didn't work I was ready to have her here but very emotional when my husband came into recovery to show me pictures of my daughter on the camera! I didn't know you had that either! Another similarity I noticed is I too had lost a substantial amount of weight on weight watchers years back, have seen you post aabout that! Erie! Lol my cross country twin or as in Seinfeld, bizzaro land, hahaha :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"