Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Recipes please

A little background my DS is 14 months old. I work part time and I only have to cook on the weekends except for DS. My DH's grandparents live across the street from us and his grandma cooks supper during the week, which is wonderful other than she uses a little more salt than I prefer DS to have so he doesn't eat her food.  Therefore I have to cook for him. He eats all fruits and veggies but I have difficulty coming up with things to cook for him with meat/entree. Plus it being a small portion just for him. I've been on weelicious and found some recipes but I was hoping I could get some for yall. Thanks in advance.  

Re: Recipes please

• Here are some things that I cook for DD.  I usually make a huge batch and freeze them.

- spinach nuggets ( healthymama.com/2010/03/toddler-tuesday-spinach-nuggets-with-a-fun-yogurt-dipping-sauce.html

- meatballs

-  chicken fingers  (I use all natural chicken breast.  I bread them with whole wheat bread crumbs and I bake them in the oven.)

-  spinach feta quiche (you can either make them in little muffin tins and freeze them but I usually make and freeze and whole quiche so the whole family can eat it.)  https://greek.food.com/recipe/greek-spinach-quiche-136026 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • During the week my baby eats a whole ton of precooked meats.  Deli meats, hot dogs, chicken nuggets.  I try to buy all natural/organic when I can, but I also don't sweat it too much when I can't.  She also loves pulled meat (pulled pork, chicken) and that's super easy in the slow cooker so at least once a week I make a batch of something in their and make little containers of it for her during the week.  Pasta and sauce also works great, and you can make it meat sauce.  I have a jar that I keep in the fridge and find that adding the sauce cold to the cooked pasta cools it down enough that there's no wait time once the pasta's done.  I also tend to cook enough at night for her to use for lunch the next day.  On the weekends she gets better meals when I've got the time to cook for all of us together.  I've also found that using my toaster oven instead of my actual oven saves a lot of time and electricity.

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Loading the player...
  • My LO's evening meals are pretty much always 1 vegetable (canned, frozen or steamed peas, carrots, broccoli, squash, etc.).. 1 meat (Tyson frozen grilled & ready chicken breast that you microwave for a few minutes, Pre-cooked diced ham, occasionally a hot dog)... and 1 fruit (mandarin oranges, pears, bananas). She is ready to eat right when we get home so she almost always gets this around 5pm.

She usually has a snack while I'm cooking our dinner - goldfish, fruit loops, etc.

Then she'll have some of whatever we're eating. Last night it was grilled pork chops, broccoli, and rice.

I love Lunchables Chicken Nuggets & Snack Duos that come with crackers, cheese, and diced ham or turkey. They are convenient for when LO wants food NOW and the Snack Duos are good to take with you somewhere. The individual serving size Chef Boyadee Beef Ravioli cups are another staple at our house.

• Oh, and sometimes I'll warm up the Tyson frozen chicken to make a quesadilla for LO. Just shred it and throw it in a tortilla shell with cheese. I warm mine in a skillet for a few minutes. LO loves it.
  • I agree with a PP about making the recipe and then freezing in toddler-sized portions.  DD likes meatballs (especially turkey one), chicken, and soups with meat/beans in them like sausage/kale/northern bean soup or chili.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"