C-sections

Feet swelling

I had no swelling while pg, but tons now that they're out. Anyone else deal with this? When did it go away? Did you call the dr at some point?
Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Feet swelling

• It's all the fluid they pump into you.  I was told to call if it hadn't gone down by 2 weeks pp and they would prescribe something.   

• I don't post here much, but lurk. After my.csection with dd2 I had a TON of swelling. I swear my legs/ankles doubled in size. With my pregnancy now, I have blowen up. I'm nervous as to what will happen pp. compression socks have done wonders though!
    Keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or doesn't get better call the doc. Better safe! Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Normal. I gained 18 pounds, baby was 9lb 10oz, I came home 20 pounds iver prepg weight. It was gone in less than 2w.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I had terrible swelling all over after DS was born.  It took about a week and a half to go down to normal sized.  They offered to prescribe me something at 2 weeks PP if I wasnt going to be breast feeding.  
    TTC since 06/2009
    Diagnosed with PCOS: 12/2009 ~
    Clomid Cycle 1 = BFP! ~ Our little miracle was born 11/1/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic > Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemysticl:

It's all the fluid they pump into you.  I was told to call if it hadn't gone down by 2 weeks pp and they would prescribe something.   

This. I dont think my fluid overload swelling even started to go down until 7+ days postpartum.  

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'll be 4 weeks pp on Monday and you can finally see my ankles.....still swell up some but not as bad. I still have pitting edema though. I was told by dr it takes up to 8 weeks sometimes to rid your body of the extra fluid
  • Well, thanks for the help ladies, I hope this goes away soon. How glamorous!
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BTW, I was told by my midwife they don't want to get rid of the extra fluid right away because it helps your body make up for the blood loss during surgery.
  • I didn't have any swelling when I was pregnant and didn't gain a lot of weight, but when I left the hospital with both kids I weighed only slightly less than I did right before they were born.  All the weight came off between one and two weeks PP.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I had insane swelling from about 3 days pp to 1.5-2 weeks.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yah, was a couple of weeks before could wear my normal shoes and had major case of cankles.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • As an OB nurse I see this all the time.  What happens is when you are pregnant the baby sits against a major vessel called the vena cava, then we give you tons of IV fluids and once the baby is out, the pressure on that vena cava is gone and all those fluids work with gravity and go down to your legs and feet.  Swelling after delivery is normal.  You can expect that it may get a bit worse before it gets better. If it's not gone by about 2 weeks postpartum then call your OB.  A few things to do that will help are drinking plenty of water, keep ambulating, prop feet up when you are sitting or lying down and have someone rub from your feet up your legs, this will help the fluid go into your lymph system and you will pee is out.  Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"