Success after IF

Seriously, I just need to get off of facebook...

I cannot believe how nasty people can be on there...people who are supposed to be your friends. I swear, I've been to anonymous message boards that are nicer. I really think I'm just going to have to start avoiding facebook. 

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:

Re: Seriously, I just need to get off of facebook...

• Sometimes I don't even know why I go on Facebook because half of the time I end up logging off with anxiety.   

Some of the stuff people post bother me for days/months/YEARS (ie some that come to mind are pictures of beaten animals in a shelter, sports injuries (like, bone sticking out of leg WTF), pictures of sick babies and/or still born babies).  

I have actually hidden and unfriended quite a few people because the things they posted bothered me so much.  

I haven't seen much nastiness per say, but the disturbing pictures really get to me.   

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• See, I have friends who seemingly use facebook as their own personal soapbox. Perhaps because a lot of them are lawyers. 

I once reposted some "Momastery" blog post that I thought was really good about a letter a Mom had written to her son about bullying.  I thought it was a really, really good commentary on bullying and that was the only reason I posted it...because I actually try to avoid most *hot* topics. At any rate, it had like a couple of lines about her supporting her son if he was gay.  This one guy went off on me on my facebook profile saying I was going to hell, etc.  Full-blown rant.

Last week someone posted something about IF and I tried (innocently) to respectfully educate them and shared my story.  I thought I was doing something good. Instead, I got remarks about what I was doing was not what God intended and so on.  I mean, come on. You have to know that is offensive when I've just shared with you my son was conceived via ART.

I don't even want to get into what happened to me today, but I think I'm just officially going to get off facebook because I truly experienced probably the closest thing I have ever experienced in my life to cyber bullying. 

Even as I write this, it all seems so absurd that this would even bother me...it is facebook!  There are real problems in the world!  Yet, it does.  Which is why I think I'm going MIA from it for awhile.

• Loading the player...
  • I deleted my facebook account when M was born. Its been wonderful. Those that Im most close to I keep up on their lives through calling or texting anyway so Im not missing out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmc84kmc84 member
    I have mixed feelings about FB. I like that its easy to stay in touch with my cousins who live a few hours way. I like staying in contact with my former co workers and I like that its easy to find groups and other information. I don't like that I can't keep my mil from reposting pictures of A. I don't know everyone of her FB friends and I don't want her picture being spread around....grrrr! I really don't like the drama. People are entitled to their opinion, but some people take it WAY too far. I clean up my friend list every so often and I delete people how post too much nonsense or if they get fanatical about anything.

I'm sorry about whatever happened to you today. It's a shame that common decency goes out the window with social media.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • What happened to me today was more along the lines of cyber bullying then just having opinions I don't agree with.  But I just deleted the offender and I'm staying off of facebook for awhile. 

• Ugh, I'm so sorry. I hope this wasn't a person you encounter regularly.

Delete, delete, delete.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"