Toddlers: 24 Months+

Things my MIL says...

Last weekend we went to visit the ILs and in front of my 2 year old my MIL said, "This morning I watched two bugs on my window sill screwing and I was jealous".  She says weird things like this from time to time and it makes me feel uncomfortable.   One time she told me that when she got married she wanted to get pregnant right away so she would put her legs up in the air after sex.  BARF!  Sorry.  I don't want to hear these things from my MIL.  Do I say something or suck it up?  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Things my MIL says...

• She actually sounds pretty funny!  But I don't blame you, I wouldn't want that said in front of my children.  Maybe just elicit her 'help' say something like, "LO is getting to that age where he/she is repeating EVERYTHING!  So we are all working on toning it down in front of LO.  Do you think you could help with that?"
  • EDWHIPEDWHIP member

imagesschwege:
    She actually sounds pretty funny!  But I don't blame you, I wouldn't want that said in front of my children.  Maybe just elicit her 'help' say something like, "LO is getting to that age where he/she is repeating EVERYTHING!  So we are all working on toning it down in front of LO.  Do you think you could help with that?"

She actually can be a riot, but sometimes she takes it overboard.  Ha!  DH says that she thinks she is being "cool" when she talks about sex.  It embarrasses him a bit.  Yeah I might say something to that. 

• Loading the player...
  • My dad has lost his filter.  He's my dad, but I just yelp, "Little ears in the room!" every time he says something horrible. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:

My dad has lost his filter.  He's my dad, but I just yelp, "Little ears in the room!" every time he says something horrible. :)

My dad is the same. The other day in front of DD he said

"There are only two things women are good for, cleaning my kitchen and sucking..."

I literally yelled at the top of my lungs before I was about to have a 2 year old asking was sucking d*ck was. Like a complete nonsensical shout.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Eww!! I would suck it up and just change the subject fast when she says stuff like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • EDWHIPEDWHIP member
    imagerjeller32:
    imagepitterpatter129:

My dad has lost his filter.  He's my dad, but I just yelp, "Little ears in the room!" every time he says something horrible. :)

My dad is the same. The other day in front of DD he said

"There are only two things women are good for, cleaning my kitchen and sucking..."

I literally yelled at the top of my lungs before I was about to have a 2 year old asking was sucking d*ck was. Like a complete nonsensical shout.

ha!  yup.  i get it. 

• imageEDWHIP:

imagesschwege:
    She actually sounds pretty funny!  But I don't blame you, I wouldn't want that said in front of my children.  Maybe just elicit her 'help' say something like, "LO is getting to that age where he/she is repeating EVERYTHING!  So we are all working on toning it down in front of LO.  Do you think you could help with that?"

She actually can be a riot, but sometimes she takes it overboard.  Ha!  DH says that she thinks she is being "cool" when she talks about sex.  It embarrasses him a bit.  Yeah I might say something to that. 

I feel for your DH. My mom is always completely inappropriate. Shes always been that way. As a result I grew up mortified while all my friends thought i was lucky for having a cool mom. I asked her to tone it down when DD started repeating things and she sort of did. I mean she tries at least!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"