June 2012 Moms
Options

UO/FFFC

Re: UO/FFFC

• Options

Ive said this before, but I really dont miss the newborn stage. I have fond memories of my baby being tiny, but I enjoy them being memories.

Im a cat person

my apologies for believing we've talked about both these things...

Cant think of anything else

• Options
    My husband and I left Anja with grandma last week and went to Vegas for 3 days. Our first flight was delayed. I called to let my mom know that we may not make our connecting flight. I secretly hoped we wouldn't. I knew my mom had plans to drive home, which is a 9 hour car ride, only to get my sister's kids and drive them to see my sister in rehab. My sister has been a pain in my behind, since I've had any sort of memory. And secretly, I don't think her kids should be going to her rehab facility anyways.

Long story short, they held the plane for us. Of course, the flight was overbooked, and only I was able to get on the plane. I seriously contemplated sleeping with my husband on the airport floor, out of spite. I missed my baby a lot, so I didn't really follow through. And of course, I appreciated what my mom did for me, so I got my butt on the plane. This is my confession!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagethatoneredhead:

Ive said this before, but I really dont miss the newborn stage. I have fond memories of my baby being tiny, but I enjoy them being memories.

Im a cat person

Both of these.

Also, I miss Vegas. A lot, too much....

I complain about pumping all the time, but really I'm going to miss the little work breaks it gives me! Next week will be my last week pumping and I'm also a little sad about what it represents, the beginning of the end of our BFing.

I didn't have to work one day last week, so I had the sitter come for 5 hours so I could do some laundry in peace and go get my hair cut. It was awesome.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

To add to the "I'm a cat person"..... My real UO is that I don't like dogs.  There are a few dogs that I can tolerate, but generally, I'm not a fan.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A part of me is dreading DD's birthday party on Saturday because I am embarrassed by my family. They are rude, don't have manners and I am worried they will somehow offend my husbands family.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagealizabethanne:
    A part of me is dreading DD's birthday party on Saturday because I am embarrassed by my family. They are rude, don't have manners and I am worried they will somehow offend my husbands family.

This is me all.the.time. My in laws are very successful business owners, socialites, and philanthropists. They are very well known and very well respected in the area. My parents are like..... They don't even put their napkin on their lap. My sister and BIL are the same way. Haha.

At this point, we've been together for 11 years and we do Christmas Eve with both of our families so everyone knows what to expect. It took a long time, though, for me just know that I behave in front my my ILs and that's all that matters hahahaha!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm always doing something nice for my family. Sending cards acknowledging anniversaries, sending flowers to my sister when she moved into her first house, etc and I'm starting to wonder why I bother.

I don't care that I don't get anything like that in return. That's not why I do it. But I don't even get a thank you. I just feel like I put in all this effort to keep our relationships "nice" and "thoughtful" and they don't really care to put the effort in.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekhill86:
    I feel like I'm always doing something nice for my family. Sending cards acknowledging anniversaries, sending flowers to my sister when she moved into her first house, etc and I'm starting to wonder why I bother. I don't care that I don't get anything like that in return. That's not why I do it. But I don't even get a thank you. I just feel like I put in all this effort to keep our relationships "nice" and "thoughtful" and they don't really care to put the effort in.

Are we related? :P

I get this all the time too. My own mother doesnt remember my birthday... and its 3 days after hers... and she was kind of instrumental figure on the day I was born... 

I just keep reminding myself that I want to treat people how I want to be treated, even though I feel like I want to scream!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Originally when DS was born we thought we'd TTC 2 around April. Well, that came and went. I wasn't really ready yet either. I then started thinking like Aug. It got brought up two weeks ago and DH said he now wants to wait until DS it's at least two. It wasn't a fight but it wasn't a happy conversation either. I have not brought it up since, but everything has been really easy these last few weeks. Work is easy, taking care of the house is easy, DS has been a joyous ease...I'm easy... I don't want to push him and have him resent me. His major reason was because he finally feels like he has his wife back and doesn't want me sick and tired so much again.
  • Options
    imagestepper1725:

To add to the "I'm a cat person"..... My real UO is that I don't like dogs.  There are a few dogs that I can tolerate, but generally, I'm not a fan.

If it is any consolation to the dog people of the world, they hate me back. I was bit in the lip when I was 4. Literally attacked by a doberman when I was 10 and he got put down. And when I was 19, I was *trying* to do a walk of shame out of my ex's house the first time I slept over and ended up screaming bloody murder for him because his meanarse bulldog cornered me.

ETA I have also eaten 1/2 a bag of red grapes that were coated in jello crystals... Im out of grapes and now eating the powder by dipping the tip of my tongue in the bottom of my ziploc bag. Im very sexy 

• Options
    imagestepper1725:

me too! And I hate that 'dog people' automatically assume you like them. GRRRR

I hate when they let dogs come close to DD without even asking if it is ok.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imagealizabethanne:

I too dread the parties, because my mother is the embarrassing one.  It sucks. :(  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageacbfreire:
    imagestepper1725:

me too! And I hate that 'dog people' automatically assume you like them. GRRRR

I hate when they let dogs come close to DD without even asking if it is ok.

While H and I were walking with DS, this lady was walking her dog and had no control over it. It got in front of the stroller and started licking DS's face. It took my H to pull the dog's leash to get it away.

It was friendly but I kept thinking what if it wasn't? It could have attacked my child. I am still freaked out thinking about it.

I guess the flameful part is that DH told me afterwards that the dog was a pitbull and the whole thing upset me even more. I hadn't known what type of dog it was at the time.

I know to people who love pitbulls this is flameful but I just don't like them.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"