3rd Trimester
Options

possibly pre-e, a ?

I went for my check-up on Monday and my BP was 140/92 and 140/94 with a 3+ urine count in the sample I gave right before my visit. I did the 24-hour urine test and my protein came back at 1500 mg but my bloodwork was perfect.

Anyone had similar results (HBP and protein>300 but perfect bloodwork)?
My OB is not quite ready to diagnose pre-e due to the bloodwork but we will be doing the 24-hour test weekly and I was prescribed BP meds to take twice daily.

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~

Re: possibly pre-e, a ?

• Options

I had pre e with DS. Proteins over 300 and bp over 140/90, but normal blood work. I was 37 weeks and started induction that day. You just don't know at what point you might start having seizures.

Edit: see that you are only 32 weeks. He is probably hoping to keep you cooking till term, although I'm shocked you aren't on bed rest. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    imagecrogers19:

I had pre e with DS. Proteins over 300 and bp over 140/90, but normal blood work. I was 37 weeks and started induction that day. You just don't know at what point you might start having seizures.

Edit: see that you are only 32 weeks. He is probably hoping to keep you cooking till term, although I'm shocked you aren't on bed rest. 

yeah, he told me that the BP medicine was to try to buy me time so I'm hoping to make it at least to term but would prefer 40+ weeks. I was induced at 39w1d with DS and, while he didn't have any initial problems, had pretty rough respiratory problems for the first year.

He didn't put me on bedrest but did recommend I rest as much as possible. I'm a teacher so thankfully I am off for the summer so maybe that's why he didn't put me on BR? I'm honestly not quite sure how to handle it if he does since I have a toddler, DH works offshore, and no family lives near us to help out.

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EnialaEniala member
    I've had high protein in urine for a couple weeks now, did two 24hr urine collections, bloodwork always came back fine but I never had high blood pressure. They said they have no sea why I have the protein but everything else is fine so it's not preeclampsia.
  • Options
    I have pre-e. My blood work has came back really normal but my 24 protein has been really high. My doctor has me on bed rest till I deliver. I am 33w 4d and am hoping to make it to 37 weeks. Bed rest has helped keep my numbers low. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"