Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Magic Sleepsuit??

I just purchased the Magic Sleepsuit for DS in hopes to help transition him out of the RNP to the crib. I'm just looking for tips and advice for those of you that have used the sleepsuit. How did you introduce it to LO? What worked best for you with using it? At what point in the bed time process did you put it on LO? TIA!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Magic Sleepsuit??

• Options
    I used the Sleepsuit with both my kids. I used it for naps and at night. With DD1, I laid it in the crib, and as the very last step in the bed time routine, I would lay her in it and zip her up. For some reason she didn't like to be in the suit outside of the crib. DD2 doesn't mind, so I put her in the suit before I nurse/rock her. So you may have to experiment a little bit.
  • Options

We used the suit for transition out of the swaddle and also into the crib, although that happened by accident. I just put him in the suit as the last step of his bedtime dressing routine instead of the swaddle, and then gave him his bedtime bottle. When I went to put him in the RnP, he was far too bulky in the suit to fit. So I just walked him over to the crib and put him down and waited for the wide awake eyes he had always given every time we had try to put him in the crib before. But he settled right down! I think he liked the extra room because the suit kind of keeps them spread eagle haha.

He really liked the suit, and I am sorely missing it now. We had to stop it because he learned how to roll both ways and the suit is only intended for back sleeping. Now DS is learning how to get comfortable in other positions and how to deal when he wakes himself up in his sleep from rolling or changing positions and it's been b.r.u.t.a.l.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"