July 2011 Moms

highchair or booster

Do you use a highchair or booster in a restraunt?  At home?

DS is in a booster at home (that has a buckle) we just switched him a month ago. 

We haven't tried a booster in a restraunt yet, but I'm thinking we should.  I'm just leary because they have no belts and I have a kid who refuses to sit still.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: highchair or booster

• We would use either, however DD almost fell out of the booster in the restaurant last time we were there, so it scared the crap out of us (and her.) I would probably err on the side of a high chair if I had the choice between the two. Sometimes DD even just sits in the chair with nothing (she prefers that over the booster we use at home.)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • At home, we have the SpaceSaver, but we just use it as a booster (no tray, just pushed up to the table). At restaurants, we switch between the booster and the highchair.
  • Loading the player...
  • At a restaurant it really just depends on where we sit and her mood.  We've done both and she doesn't seem to prefer one over the other.

At home we have a wooden high chair (like you'd see in a restaurant) that we push up to the table.

I actually just sold our big Graco high chair this week.  We hadn't used it since around her first birthday, so it was just sitting in the kitchen taking up space.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageclineak:
    At home, we have the SpaceSaver, but we just use it as a booster (no tray, just pushed up to the table). At restaurants, we switch between the booster and the highchair.

Yea. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We just switched to a booster at home. We had one time in a restaurant in a booster and took turns holding him down. Never again. 
    BFP#1 11/10* DS Born via Cesarean 7/11* BFP#2 EDD 1/31/14 *M/C 6/13* BFP #3 RCS 3/14/14
    Brothers!
    "I wish that I could bake a cake, made out of rainbows and smiles. And we would all eat it and be happy." 
  • We've switched to a booster seat in restaurants. He is completely unwilling to sit still, and we'd rather he be wiggly than screaming.

He sits just fine in his high chair at home, though. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Neither....she down right refuses to use either anywhere...it's so much fun....

XoXo
    Sarah

BFP#1 10/24/11 EDD 07/01/11 DD1 6/29/11
    BFP#2 07/26/12 EDD 03/21/13 M/C(mmc6wk)09/04/12 @~11w
    BFP#3 02/08/13 EDD 10/22/13 M/C(mmc6wk)03/11/13 @~8w
    BFP#4 06/05/13 EDD 02/19/14 DD2 02/05/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"