Preemies

Belated Intro

Better late than never! My LO is now almost 6 weeks old! She was born at 35w1d. I had a fairly uneventful pregnancy until about 32 weeks when I started having regular contractions every 5 min. At that time, I had no cervical changes and a negative fetal fibronectin. Contractions continued to be regular despite taking it easy at work. At 35 wks exactly, contractions became a little more intense and were now every 3 min. My cervix was dilated to 1 and I was sent home. The next morning, my water broke and DD was born that evening! She did wonderfully and was able to stay with us the entire time. We went home after 3 days in the hospital. Feeding has been our biggest battle. She takes a bottle great but getting her to nurse has been extremely difficult. We're a work in progress, but I really can't complain since she's so healthy!

The frustrating thing is not knowing what caused my premature labor! I'm sure a lot of you can relate!

ETA: She weighed 5 lbs, 2 oz at birth and was 17.5" (although I think they mis-measured her because on her next 2 doctor visits, she was 19.5"!).  Her all time low weight was 4 lbs, 12 oz - can't believe what a tiny peanut she was!!! 

Re: Belated Intro

• Congratulations on the birth of your little girl. Happy to hear that she had no NICU time. Welcome to the preemie board!

• Welcome and congrats on your baby girl! You are very lucky that she was strong and needed no NICU time. I hope she gets the hang of nursing soon. My little guy got the hang of it right around his EDD. How much does she weigh now?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imageMinaE01:
    Welcome and congrats on your baby girl! You are very lucky that she was strong and needed no NICU time. I hope she gets the hang of nursing soon. My little guy got the hang of it right around his EDD. How much does she weigh now?

We are very lucky! I'm a Pedi and work in the NICU so I was definitely preparing myself for the worst case scenario! She's slowly getting better at BF, so hopefully we're close. She's about 7 lb, 7 oz now.
  • Congrats! My DD was born at 35 weeks and weighed 1 oz more than your DD! She wasn't in the NICU either. My water broke completely unexpected and I still don't know why. I completely understand the frustration of feeding. Unfortunately, she never got the hang of it so I exclusively pump. I have a great supply and haven't had to supplement so I feel blessed in that regard. I hope BFing works out for you!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"