Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Moby wrap

I don't know if this is the board to post it but has anyone used the Moby wrap for their little one? How easy is it to use? Do you feel your baby is secure sitting in it? Has anyone had a baby fall or almost fall? Can anyone recommend a baby carrier?

Re: Moby wrap

• Options
    Check out the attachment parenting board. Lots of people like the moby, it is too much of a hassle for me, I preferred the k'tan for a "wrap". There are a bunch of great soft structured carriers you could check out. Some of the most popular are the Ergo, Beco Gemini and Boba. There are also woven wraps and ring slings. All are safe when used correctly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I prefer woven wraps to stretchy wraps like Moby. You can use them longer & they're not as sweaty.

But I have a ridiculous amount of carriers and have never had a baby fall or be anything other than secure. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I also have a bunch of different carriers (lucky hand me down). She has arched her back enough to worry me in the ktan, but has never actually fallen. Most carriers keep them very snug and supported in more than one way. I'd recommend trying to find a babywearing group or store to try them on. I liked the moby and ring sling for newborn, then when she got bigger the k'tan or buckle carrier (I have a Chimparoo). I had 8 carriers and used them all at some point. I've loaned out most of them right now, just kept hotsling for the diaper bag, ring sling at home for when the weather cools, Chimparoo for most things and the k'tan if she's having a snuggly day.

If I had to buy them, I would have gotten a moby, light weight ring sling and a buckle carrier. 

And like pp said, the AP board covers a lot of babywearing qs. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like my Action Baby Carrier. It's made out of backpack material and super easy to fit solo. The Moby is a bit clunky for me (especially adjusting once I get the LO in).
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used a Moby Wrap until my DD was over 2yrs and LOVED it. We rarely bothered taking the stroller with us anywhere because it was so much easier with stairs and tight spaces. (We live in NYC and don't have a car so stairs and crowds were both considerations.)
  • Options
    I loved mine.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I love my Moby! I wouldn't have gotten as much housework or work period (DD was allowed to be with me at my job) done without it. She felt very secure in it and it was an instant calming agent for her. It took a few times to get used to wrapping it, but it's not hard. There are some excellent tutorials on YouTube though so check those out. I found it easiest to wrap at home then I would be set if using it on errands, instead of doing it while out and about. It was by far the easiest thing to use when flying to see my family as DD got older. We just started using it with our twins and they love it too!
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    I loved the Moby, but DS did not.  It was the only carrier that we had at the time, so I'm not sure if he would have had the same reactions to other carriers.  I am hoping to use it a lot more with our 2nd!

Others have made great suggestions for other wraps.  I very much agree with the pp who suggested if you can go and try them on - either at a store or from friends - that is the way to go.

GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I liked it well enough for the first 6 months but once my kids got heavy enough it really stretches with wear so I ditched it in favor of a ring sling and Ergo. I'm really surprised the pp said she used it for 2 years! It is really hot though so if you're having a summer baby I'd skip it all together. I had a fall/winter baby and still roasted in it.
  • Options
    The moby wrap is cozy and secure. No problems w/ baby being unstable or anything like that. I like it for home use but ultimately have moved on to the Ergo baby as my daughter becomes more mobile and we have her on the go. It's really hard to put on the moby wrap for someone short like me (5'1") without it dragging on the floor when we are out doing errands so that is my one complaint. 
    BabyFruit Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"