Baby Showers
Options

Not sure about hostess gift

My MIL is throwing my baby shower this Sunday. It will be at my house and I sent out the invites and purchased some of the food. This is being done this way as she is homeless and we took her in earlier this month. She does not work and get very little SSI.

My question is do I still have to get her a hostess gift seeing as how I am providing her a home and she also owes DH and I about $700? I am very thankful that she is doing this for me, as I do not have family of my own to throw me one. I was thinking of giving her a nice card to thank her.

Thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not sure about hostess gift

• Options
    She's hosting as she bought things for games, party favors, decorations, etc. I only had to get involved because she decided to be irresponsible and end up onthe street earlier this month.

• Options
    If you go with a heart felt card that would be sweet. Also if you go to hallmark they sell "grandma brag books" for baby pictures and they're only 1015 dollars. Cheap and thoughtful..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You sound kinda biiitchy.

Andplus, you're totally throwing your own shower. Come on now.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I have read so much about hostess gifts on here that I assumed it was something I needed to do. It's good to know that I can just give her an awesome card.

• Options

imageBetty&Co:
    You sound kinda biiitchy. Andplus, you're totally throwing your own shower. Come on now.

This.

Your house, you picked up all of the food, you sent out the invitations... you are hosting your own shower. Awesome.

• Options
    imageBubblyDevil:
    She's hosting as she bought things for games, party favors, decorations, etc. I only had to get involved because she decided to be irresponsible and end up onthe street earlier this month.
    I highly doubt that her losing her home was really the first sign that she may not be the best person to host a shower for you.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"