Toddlers: 24 Months+

Need new meal ideas, PLEASE

First, I'll say that DD is a picky eater (some sensory issues) and she's been eating the same foods for so long.  Lately, it seems like she's bored of these foods now too so I'm stuck.  Can you guys tell me what your LO's like to eat?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need new meal ideas, PLEASE

• AZ123AZ123 member

My kids favorite is a pasta dish I make. I let them pick either elbow pasta or shells. I cook the pasta, drain, then add a little butter, parmesan cheese and just a tad like a spoonful of marinara sauce.

For veggies, they love steamed broccoli (DS2 calls them trees) with a little butter and parmesan (or you can go plain and let them dip in a little puddle of ranch). They also love edamame, corn and I can get them to eat any veggie with a little applesauce on top.

Another favorite are mini pizzas. cut a plain bagel in half, spread pizza sauce, add some italian seasoning and top with shredded mozarella cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
    Another favorite are grilled cheese, rotesserie chicken and fish.

DS2 also likes chicken nuggets and fish sticks. Probably because he can dip them in ketchup like his big brother. Turkey meatballs and mashed potatoes are another favorite and you can get them frozen at trader joes. I also do chicken fettucine with brocolli mixed in and lasagna where I add spinach in my lasagna recipe.

You can also test her tolerance for spice. DS2 loves things with a little kick in it, which suprised me since DS1 doesn't like anything spicy.

I also reward them with "dessert" which is fruit.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We never make our kids different meals, but our girls have always been good eaters.  Here are sample of things we make that they both like (they're 17 months and almost 3)

-steak quickly cooked on a grill or stove top w/basic seasoning, sides of rice or mashed potatoes, sides of asparagus (they only eat the tops), avocado, cheese, etc.

-fajitas- usually steak or chicken with grilled veggies and a side of rice.  My girls usually don't eat the green or red peppers but will eat the meat and then some other veggie on the side like corn

- Fried rice/stir fry- this is pretty quick, we just take a meat like ground beef or something else and grill it up then add veggies and cooked rice w/soy sauce and eggs and voila!

- Quesadillas w/beans and rice on the side.  Both my girls LOVE tortillas and cheese. oh and you have to avocado on the side too. We eat A LOT of avocado in our house.

- baked pasta meals- like lasagna is great, or any cooked pasta topped with cheese, meat of some kind, veggies and baked in the oven.  They almost always eat this.

- Mac and cheese- can't go wrong with that either from the box or made from "scratch"

-tacos- we eat a lot of tacos w/rice and beans on the side

We also pick up a lot of italian food from a nearby restaurant and they love any pasta with sauce, pizza, lasagna and my little one likes polenta.  

• Loading the player...
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    My DD would live on turkey sandwiches if I'd let her. That's what she eats almost every single day for lunch. My DD is weird and doesn't eat things most kids love. She loves hummus and dips green beans and anything else on her plate in it. She devours black beans, anything wrapped up in a tortilla, spaghetti, lasagna, Moo Goo Gai Pan if we do Chinese take out, she loves snowcrab and veggie rolls from the sushi place as well as edamame. She likes baked beans, corn on the cob and any kind of shredded meat in the crock pot.
    imageimage
  • WOW - i WISH she was this adventurous, ha-ha!  I am going to try new ideas this weekend though so thank you!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"