Secondary IF
Options

Do I belong here?

I am coming here because I really don't know where else to go.  My history is in my sig, but I'll give a little more detail here.  

I am now 34 DH is 38.  We started TTC in 2010 shortly after our wedding.  First pregnancy was a missed MC discovered at 10 weeks, measuring about 6w I had a D and E.  

Second pregnancy was about 6 months later.  Absolutely perfect pregnancy, no issues at all.  In April 2012 at my 39 week appointment it was discovered that my daughter no longer had a heart beat.  I was induced and delivered 3 days later.  No reason could be found for her death. Loosing a child has been devastating and life changing.

Even though we are heartbroken, we still want to have another child.  I got pregnant 6 months after I delivered.  Another missed MC followed by D and E, genetic testing came back trisomy 16.  I quickly got pregnant a 4th time, had very slow rising betas, saw a heart beat at 6ish weeks.  Miscarried naturally at 10 weeks, the pregnancy stopped developing around 8 weeks.

Here I am now.  After my daughter died, they did a ton of tests on me; everything came back normal.  But, now I keep having miscarriages!  We finally met with an RE to see what else may be going on.  Yesterday she told me my FSH is 15!  But, I had a moderate amount of follicles.  I'm still waiting on my AMH and have an HSG tomorrow.  I am so sad, this does not look promising.  Depending on what my AMH is, I may not even qualify for IVF.  I didn't even really WANT to do IVF, but now it may be off the table completely.  Having a spontaneous pregnancy and a child that should have lived adds a whole other level of emotions to this struggle.  

For the past 6 months I have been half heartedly using natural/alternative "treatments"; acupuncture, chinese herbs, wheatgrass, royal jelly, now I feel like diving into all that head first.  Does anyone here follow a strict fertility diet or lifestyle?  

If you have read all of this rambling, thank you.  I really wish no one was going through this, but I am glad there is a place where we can share experiences.   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14

Re: Do I belong here?

• Options

First of all, I just wanted to say I am so sorry for your suffering. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult it must have all been for you. 

I tried a more holistic approach to my diagnosis when I first found out that I had issues. I read a lot of books and the research and reasoning suited how I felt at that time. I changed my diet and eliminated all processed foods and I dappled a little bit with some fertility yoga. I've also been doing acupuncture for about a year and spent some time really going all out with the herbs.

In that time I have not become pregnant, but my hormone levels went back to normal just recently (within the past 6 weeks). I don't know if that's a fluke or if my body would have done that on its own, but the timing of it correlated with the 3 months prior when I was pretty intent on changing my poor eating habits. Research shows that the eggs you bring forward today are prepared 3 months ago. I forget where I read that... I think the Infertility Cure.

In any case, if you are interested, I would highly recommend that you read the Fertile Female or the Infertility Cure. They both address more holistic ways to approach an infertility situation (starting by eliminating that word infertile! Something I have yet to do...)

I completely get your opposition to IVF... I was in the exact same boat when I was first diagnosed. I was completely against any intervention, but slowly I started to come around to it along with the other ways to help my body get healthier. I hope whatever you choose feels right for you and that you get your happy ending.

Sorry for the long response, but best wishes to you!! 

DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kofmkgkofmkg member

I'm sorry for your circumstances that brought you here.  I can't imagine your grief-- So sorry!

I tried acupuncture and a holistic approach before we sought an RE.  I read and liked the Infertility Cure and tried some or most of the suggestions.  In the end, it didn't help me b/c we have MFI-- and DH was resistant to implmenet the changes of the holistic approach.

Your circumstances differ from our, but I wish you the best of luck.

Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMJC1116:

In that time I have not become pregnant, but my hormone levels went back to normal just recently (within the past 6 weeks). I don't know if that's a fluke or if my body would have done that on its own, but the timing of it correlated with the 3 months prior when I was pretty intent on changing my poor eating habits. Research shows that the eggs you bring forward today are prepared 3 months ago. I forget where I read that... I think the Infertility Cure.

In any case, if you are interested, I would highly recommend that you read the Fertile Female or the Infertility Cure. They both address more holistic ways to approach an infertility situation (starting by eliminating that word infertile! Something I have yet to do...) 

Thank you for the reply.  I have also read about the 90 day cycle of our eggs.  I have also given up most processed and canned foods, except for maybe cereal, and the occasion cookie or ice cream.  I admit I am a sugar addict, and that needs to end now lol.  

Thank you for the book recommendations, I will look into them!    

• Options
    imagekofmkg:

I'm sorry for your circumstances that brought you here.  I can't imagine your grief-- So sorry!

I tried acupuncture and a holistic approach before we sought an RE.  I read and liked the Infertility Cure and tried some or most of the suggestions.  In the end, it didn't help me b/c we have MFI-- and DH was resistant to implmenet the changes of the holistic approach.

Your circumstances differ from our, but I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you.  Yes, our circumstances are different.  But thank you for your kind words.  

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss, and I can't begin to imagine how hard losing your daughter must have been.  (hug)

I'm sure you are welcome here.  I hope that your stay is short and sweet.  Best of luck to you!

Me: 42. DH: 46.

1st Pregnancy: MC, 11/19/00.

2nd Pregnancy: DS born 04/10/06.

3rd Pregnancy: CP, 03/11.

4th Pregnancy: MMC, D&C 11/30/11, Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 4.

5th Pregnancy: Ectopic, 2 doses of Methotrexate unsuccessful, surgery 4/10/12, right tube removed.

Tried Letrozole January 2013-July 2013 (including 2 IUIs), all BFN.  After 2 1/2 years of trying for child #2, decided to "give up" after July cycle, based on AMA.

August 16, 2013:  BFP our first month of "not trying!"  Still in shock.  Beta #1 (14dpo): 183.  Beta #2 (17dpo):  611.  Ultrasound 8/30/13: baby measured 6 weeks, 1 day, heart rate of 118 bpm! 
    Ultrasound 9/13/13:  8 weeks, heart rate of 176!
    Baby is due 4/26/14

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"