Intro — The Bump
Preemies

Intro

Hi ladies, I've lurked here for quite some time as my docs had predicted I would deliver early due to my having Stage 3 Kidney Disease, I guess they were right. Griffin James was born on 6/19/13 at 27w2d, weighing 2lbs 7oz. He's quite the little trooper, he was off the ventilator on his first night, then switched from the cpap to the high flow cannula a couple of days later. He's doing amazingly well, I'm so proud of our little guy. He may be graduating to level 2 NICU this week if there's room for him.

My H and I live 4 hours away from the hospital he's at so I'm currently staying at a Ronald McDonald house so that I can pump, H is working during the week and will spend weekends here with us. My mom was able to fly out to help while I recover from the csection.

I've been able to hold Griffin 3 times so far, one quick session because he was still under the phototherapy lights and 2 kangaroo cares, which have been the best thing ever.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and here's a pic of our little guy!
Hoping this one stays put a little longer
BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Intro

• awe he is so precious : I am a NICU nurse due oct 22 and lurk on here sometimes. he sure does look like a little trooper! he will be home before you know it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Feb Siggy Challenge
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Congrats on our little guy. He is adorable. I hope your nicu stay is uneventful and you get to take him home soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations on the birth of your little guy! Praying that Griffin has a short and uneventful NICU stay. Please stick around and ask any questions you may have.

• What a cutie!  Hopefully your NICU stay is short, sweet, and Griffin comes home healthy and soon!
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Thank you ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Pips09Pips09 member
    Congrats on your baby! He is adorable. Hoping he grows strong and fast.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Congrats! He is super cute! I am so glad you have been able to hold him. We absolutely loved kangarooing Anna. I think our record was 12 hours one day! My DH would do marathon sessions and the NICU nurses named him "Kangaroo King!" 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Congratulations on little Griffin! He is adorable, and he looks healthy and strong. I hope that your stay is short and smooth. That stink that you're so far away and that H will be commuting on weekends, but it's fortunate that you have a Ronald McDonald house near you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thank you again everyone!
    imagejbranden12:
    Congrats! He is super cute! I am so glad you have been able to hold him. We absolutely loved kangarooing Anna. I think our record was 12 hours one day! My DH would do marathon sessions and the NICU nurses named him "Kangaroo King!"nbsp;

Wow, 12 hours? Awesome! DH is so excited to kangaroo when he gets here this weekend!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• What a cutie pie!! Congrats momma!
  • DrRxDrRx member
    Congratulations on your son!  I'm glad that he was able to get off the vent so quickly and I hope that he is able to step-down soon.  Welcome to the board!
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Welcome to the board and congratulations on the birth of little Griffin! He looks great! I hope his NICU stay is as short and uneventful as possible. Please feel free to ask any questions as everyone on the board is really helpful.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• tlk432tlk432 member
    Congratulations! What a sweet sweet boy you have there. I'm so glad you're able to stay at the Ronald McDonald House. We were able to do that too, it is such a huge blessing being able to be close.
    image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thank you all so much!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Your angel looks is so cute. I am soon to become a dad and lurk on here sometimes to know more about parenthood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards