Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Swaddle safe with arms out?

Dd is sleeping in a swaddle, but both arms are out. Is this safe? She can roll over now, but her arms are out so that shouldn't be an issue. My concern is that she'll undo the swaddle and get tangled in it.

I'm out of town and she's home with DH. Not sure if I should ask him to remove the swaddle
TTC since 12/2009
Me: 34 Him: 40 
Dx: Severe MFI (low count)
IVF #1 : BFN
IVF #2 : BFP
2 Snowbabies
It's a GIRL! 

TTC #2 since 9/2014
FET #1:  BFN
FET #2:  BFN
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swaddle safe with arms out?

• Options
    Ever since my LO was born he would manage to get his arms out!  there was only 1 nurse @ the hospital that managed to keep his arms in! We switched to sleep sacks about 1 month in  and stopped those once it warmed up. He is a very squirmy baby and mostly used the sacks so we knew he would stay covered all night.  If she can roll over I would think it would be fine to leave her arms out.
  • Options
    When my LO started breaking out we used that as a sign she didn't need to be swaddled anymore. We slowly transitioned by swaddling her with her arms out and then within about 2 weeks she was done with the swaddler and just slept in footie pjs
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OP, we do the same thing. I have tried several nights to put DD to bed without her SwaddleMe, and she wakes up after an hour or so and cries until you put it on, then she falls right to sleep. She is ALL OVER the crib and the
    SwaddleMe stays in place, so I'm not worried. She can roll back and forth with no problem since her arms are free. We'll let her keep it until she's ready to give it up or until she out grows the large size (she can still fit in the small size so I'm assuming she'll outgrow it before it outgrows her).

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    If she is getting her arms out she is ready to be weaned.  Also since she is rolling over, it is much safer to have her arms out than if they were swaddled down.  I would swaddle her with her arms out and then move on to a sleep sack soon.  
  • Options
    By 7 months your LO should be fine.  If you're that concerned, look into a blanket sleeper. it's basically a zippered cloth bag with holes for the head and arms. 

• Options
    Run20KRun20K member
    Thanks everyone!
    TTC since 12/2009
    Me: 34 Him: 40 
    Dx: Severe MFI (low count)
    IVF #1 : BFN
    IVF #2 : BFP
    2 Snowbabies
    It's a GIRL!