Multiples
Options

What bottles do you use?

Ladies, my one twin refuses bottles. The other twin will drink a bottle but it takes forever! We have born free bottles and are using level 3 nipple. How long does it take your LO to drink a bottle, how many ounces, and what bottle and size nipple?thanks!

Re: What bottles do you use?

• Options

We use Tommee Tippee with variable flow nipples. 

Twin A does 5 ounces in anywhere from 5-20 minutes, he has reflux and sometimes eating is a process. 

Twin B does 6 ounces in about 10 minutes. 

photo image-3.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We've used dr browns from the beginning. Not sure how old your lo's are but I suspect much younger than mine, but we've never had an issue with them. GL!
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not sure how old your LOs are but after coming home from the NICU we switched to Dr. Brown's Natural Flow, they come with a Level 1 nipple which used to be too fast but now I suspect is too slow. My only complaint is there are a lot of pieces and parts but we use the dishwasher so it's just taking them apart and putting them together that is tedious. Otherwise, we absolutely love the Dr. Brown's.
    TTC since 3/4/2010
    Me: PCOS, DH: normal
    Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
    8/31/2012 = BFP!!
    First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
    Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
    Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
    Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
    imageimage
    imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

• Options
    We used Dr. Brown's and liked them.  We tried Evenflo and Avent as well.  Different levels of nipples.  Our twins never got "good" at taking a bottle even though they had one bottle every day. (They never fought them, it just took a long time to finish) No matter what bottle, what level of nipple, it always took at least 30 minutes.  Usually closer to 45.  Even once their nursing sessions were down to 5 minutes it still took forever for them to drink a 4oz bottle.

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

• Options

We bought tommee tippee bottles, and one twin does really well with them. We just switched to level 2 nipples- they are slow eaters and with a level one feedings were an hour +. With level 2 it's 30-45 minutes. The other twin does really well with the standard medela bottles that came with an accessory set for my pump. He takes about 45 minutes because he needs to be burped constantly. He'll take the tommee tippees but he makes a huge mess with it and tends to spit around the bottle.

ETA: they take 3-4 oz usually per feeding.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"