2nd Trimester
Options

When does the nausea stop? :(

So I usually lurk and occasionally post a response to a post here and there, but I am wondering when the nausea will stop. I'm almost 17 weeks and still getting sick fairly regularly. And food almost never sounds good to me, which of course only adds to the nausea. Zofran didn't help, I still got sick and got super constipated because of it. So I don't take it but I do have some if I decide to change my mind. I just want to feel normal again in regards to food and eating! :(
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When does the nausea stop? :(

• Options
    Same here!  I'm hoping every day to wake up feeling better but am still battling the constant nausea. I thought the second tri was supposed be "great" but so far all I keep seeing are posts like this from women going through the same thing. I can barely eat because nothing tastes good. I force myself just so I'm at least getting something but I constantly feel like I'm about to puke.  I've seen a lot of women say it let up for them around 20-25 weeks so I guess I'm still waiting... Sad
  • Options
    every one is different some it goes away in second tri and for the unlucky ones it does not .. sorry :/
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine stopped around 21 weeks. Ugh
  • Options
    Sunday was 25 weeks for me and I am still dealing with MS every few days, so it's still hanging around for me.  I take 1/2 a pill of Zofran but only on my worst days due to the constipation.  Other than that, crackers in my purse at all times with all the water I can handle.  GL to you, hope it goes away soon.
  • Options
    All depends. Medicine didn't work for me either but thank goodness it stopped at 13 weeks and 3 days. Surprisingly popsicles helped me though
  • Options
    I'm still pretty sick. It gets better and then BAM nausea back.

DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My nausea never went away with my first pregnancy and I am still dealing with it with this pregnancy. I have to take a combo of Zofran in the morning and Phenergan at night and that seems to be helping, but the Zofran is so hit and miss so there are days I am still pretty sick. I would suggest the Phenergan but it makes you extremely drowsy. I have to take it at night b/c it knocks me out. 
    I really hope it goes away for you soon!!! It differs with person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. Just know that no matter what, it will end eventually. 
    photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    I'm 14 w 6 days, but I thought I would suggest things that may work for you. Before you get out of bed completely try eating some crackers., if you notice you have acid that seems to help with that too. Milk I found is probably the most difficult thing to drink, for me anyways.
    Things that worked for me and may for you too. Anything really plain.. Like toast, tortilla chips. Lemonade has helped not sure why but it does. Apple juice that is watered down. Grapes even if its only a few. I also noticed that anything with alot of acid orange juice for example made it worse.

Trust me I know eating plain food sucks but better to get something than nothing. Hope I helped and sorry for rambling. Lol. Best of luck to you.
  • Options
    It's really too bad that states don't have diclectin anymore. I'm in Canada and that's what's given here for nausea. I had to be on it my entire pregnancy
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear I'm not the only one, but I do feel better knowing its not just me ... If that makes sense.

and also sorry for the delayed response, I had to work tonight ... BLEH. :/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Preggie pops or the drops they are freaking amazing!!

I have been 24 hour nauses and throwing up... tmi lol I am 16weeks and seems to be the only relief. I was taking zofran but not anymore. They taste like candy.

Let me know if it works for you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"