Blended Families
Options

Hello and introduction

Hi,

I posted a while back asking about joint bday parties, thanks again for the advice, and have been lurking since. Originally I thought I wouldn't have much to offer the board due to my own current situation. But I grew up in a blended family and am trying to coparent so hopefully I'll be welcome anyway.

Here's the intro. I am currently divorced. I have a DS who is almost 3 from that marriage. We share joint legal and physical custody with hypothetical 50 50 time. In the real world it's been closer to 70 30. XH is living with a GF. I mentioned that situation in the PP.

After that breakup, I got pregnant with my second DS who is now 4 months. His BD has decided he wants to be completely uninvolved so I have full legal and physical with no visitation.

And that's where I'm at, single mom with 2 gorgeous boys. I have child support hearing tomorrow regarding the baby. And I am in talks with XH regarding the difference between wanting his son 50 percent of the time because he loves him and his real life commitment to actually being that involved. Not to vent but he just took a month long vacation and saw DS 5 days in that time.

Anyway, I hope I will be welcome but don't be afraid to tell me to go away! And I'll answer questions if I've been confusing or vague and you care to know the answer.

And can I just verify the lingo here? XH would be BD1, with XBF BD2? And here you ladies use ages instead of birth order right? So DS2 and DS...0?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hello and introduction

• Options
    Hi and welcome!
  • Options
    imagetracy41:
    Hi,

I posted a while back asking about joint bday parties, thanks again for the advice, and have been lurking since. Originally I thought I wouldn't have much to offer the board due to my own current situation. But I grew up in a blended family and am trying to coparent so hopefully I'll be welcome anyway.

Here's the intro. I am currently divorced. I have a DS who is almost 3 from that marriage. We share joint legal and physical custody with hypothetical 50 50 time. In the real world it's been closer to 70 30. XH is living with a GF. I mentioned that situation in the PP.

After that breakup, I got pregnant with my second DS who is now 4 months. His BD has decided he wants to be completely uninvolved so I have full legal and physical with no visitation.

And that's where I'm at, single mom with 2 gorgeous boys. I have child support hearing tomorrow regarding the baby. And I am in talks with XH regarding the difference between wanting his son 50 percent of the time because he loves him and his real life commitment to actually being that involved. Not to vent but he just took a month long vacation and saw DS 5 days in that time.

Anyway, I hope I will be welcome but don't be afraid to tell me to go away! And I'll answer questions if I've been confusing or vague and you care to know the answer.

And can I just verify the lingo here? XH would be BD1, with XBF BD2? And here you ladies use ages instead of birth order right? So DS2 and DS...0?

Welcome!

You can identify your kids however you like. I just say SD and DS because that is all I have. Some people use nicknames or initials.

Some use ages to identify, but I think most in your situation would just say DS1 and DS2. Oftentimes, the ages are relevent to the poster's topic, so it is easy to identify child by age instead of birth order. Am I being confusing? Lol

Anyway, we won't chase you away for something like that. Lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"