November 2011 Moms

Double/Tandem Strollers

As if shopping for a single stroller wasn't overwhelming enough...now that I'm looking for a double or tandem stroller, I feel like I might as well be shopping for a car!  Right now, I think I'm leaning towards the Phil & Ted S4 Inline from Costco.  My best friend has one for her two girls, and loves it.  The only cons for her are the storage space available when the older daughter is in the back seat, and that it can be slightly heavy.  Do any of you have this stroller?  What is your opinion on it?  Mommies with two kids, what were the most important features to you when shopping for a double stroller?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
December Siggy Challenge:

A Charlie Brown Christmas
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

imageimage

Re: Double/Tandem Strollers

• I'm not a huge stroller user, so buying an expensive stroller was out of the question for me.  We use ours for trips to the mall and the zoo. DD1 likes to walk most of the time now and I end up using our umbrella stroller for stores.  It was nice to have a double when DD2 was first born though.  

I got a Baby Trend Sit and Stand (with a 20% off coupon is was $130).  The con is the storage size, it takes up the back of my SUV when folded.  Also, it doesn't have a big storage basket on it, but it doesn't bother me because I have a Skip Hop diaper bag that has stroller handle straps.  I find that it maneuvers just fine even though it is a little long.

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • My Aunt gave me her graco duoglider. I like it a lot, but it can be slightly unwieldy.

BFP #1 10/13/09 EDD 06/20/10 DS Born on 06/26/10
    BFP #2 03/08/11 EDD 11/16/11 DD Born on 11/04/11
    BFP #3 08/29/12 EDD 05/06/13 M/C on 08/30/12
    BFP #4 11/01/12 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C on 12/28/12
    BFP #5 04/30/13 EDD 01/03/14 DS Born on 01/02/14
    BFP #6 01/11/15 EDD 09/22/15 M/C 03/09/15
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the BOB Duallie.  I love the storage space underneath, the fact I can easily lay either boy dow and how easy it is to maneuver.  It is a little big, but I have a van, so that doesn't matter. (Though I have gotten it into my mom's Prius with no issue.)  The biggest cons is that the carseat adaptor doesn't work with my Chicco Keyfit, and that the snacktrays and console bar are separate and expensive.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"