VBAC

VBAC with 3 uterine tears

lewispmlewispm member

I had 3 uterine tears during my C-section about 1 year ago with my first child. I was told shortly after delivery that, due to these tears, I would always have to have a C/S. It was a very short discussion and I haven't spoken to my Dr. about it since. I know I need to, but I am terrified of the thought of never experiencing a vaginal birth.

My question is this: Has anyone here had a successful VBAC with previous uterine tears? Does anyone else have uterine tears? What does your Dr. say about VBACs? Thank you!

Re: VBAC with 3 uterine tears

• I don't have experience with this so unfortunately no good advice here, but just wanted to say that I can completely relate to how you feel about the thought of never experiencing a vaginal birth.  My son just turned 1 and I still cry sometimes just thinking about it!

If I were you, I'd talk to my doctor again now that some time has passed so that you have a better understanding of your risks.  I'd also check out a few other places just to get some additional consultation.   

PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • It took me a full year to come to terms with my first son's birth. And having a VBAC with my second really helped me a lot.

I would get at least one other opinion from another provider. Look up your local ICAN chapter and see if there are any providers who are very pro-VBAC, also.

I don't have any personal experience with uterine tears, but I was told by the OB who did my c/s that I shouldn't do VBAC (and then told by the MWs who attended my labor that I could!). Sometimes opinions can really vary.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • I posted in your other thread on July 12...

I had a similar ending with emergency section with my DS almost 3 years ago. I had uterine tears, called extensions, and severe blood loss. My delivering OB told me I should only have RCS.

Emotionally it was terrible but it did and does get better. Time is what you need. Get your operative report and review with your OB and vbac friendly OBs.

When I was pregnant with my DD I so wanted a vbac and had it ruled out by several OBs. 2ish years ago, there just wasn't enough information on vbacs and extensions. The sadness was gone because the decision was made for me in a sense.

When I had my RCS with my DD everything went great. My OB said my scar from my first section and my extension looked wonderful. She even said I could vba2c if I go into labor on my own with a third child if that happens!

Good luck!
  • I don't post here much, but I have two downward extensions/tears from my Cesarean, and the midwife who was at that birth said that I was a great VBAC candidate. We've since moved, and I am currently seeing another MW who has no issues with it either. I can't remember if it was specifically because they go downward or not though. I say it's definitely worth a second opinion! GL.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"