Military Families
Options

Tricare

Do you have to be seen on base with tricare or can you go elsewhere

Re: Tricare

• Options
    It depends on the base. Where I am they are overcrowded on base so I was sent off base. I have also been told that if I do get assigned to an on base doctor and I do not like them I can request to be put off base, but that does not mean I will get my wish.
  • Options

I interpreted this question different in my answer than you did so I may have misunderstood the OP. A simple Yes you can be seen on or off base with Tricare would be my answer.

Your answer makes me think the OP was asking about Tricare Prime or Tricare Standard.

Either way, I hope she gets her answer.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bexx24Bexx24 member
    Depends on if you have standard, prime, and how crowded your base dr is. Ditto to PP, when our base is over crowded they send people out in town. Still don't tyically get to chose WHO out in town, but there are ways of requesting a different dr if you end up hating yours.
  • Options
    To totally confuse everyone, I am on Tricare Prime and I see a Civilian doctor. When we PCSd to Richmond, VA from San Diego I just called Tricare North and asked for my PCM to be the closest office to me that accepted Tricare. Maybe it's because I'm 30 miles from the closest MTF but I'm gonna try to do it again when we PCS next year.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"