March 2012 Moms
Options

Swimming

Hello all, 

With it now being summer I am wondering what others are doing about water safety. We spend a lot of time at our local waterpark and the water is fairly shallow but I still think I might want some protection. The life vests they have are so bulky and uncomfortable, she hates them! What do you have and love, or have and wish you didn't buy? Arm floats, full vest, what brand. Thanks!!

Amy 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Swimming

• Options
    Honestly, right now, if the water is still really shallow (like kiddie pools or shoreline) I just stick to him like glue. I really haven't wanted to add any bulk to him since I just want him getting comfortable with naturally moving around in the water. If we were going on an actual boat, I'd definitely use a life vest but I don't plan to add any other water support until he starts getting more adventurous.

• Options

imageeyenigh:
    Honestly, right now, if the water is still really shallow (like kiddie pools or shoreline) I just stick to him like glue. I really haven't wanted to add any bulk to him since I just want him getting comfortable with naturally moving around in the water. If we were going on an actual boat, I'd definitely use a life vest but I don't plan to add any other water support until he starts getting more adventurous.

This.

PS, eyenigh....cute siggy pic! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageeyenigh:

This is what we do as well.  When we take him in our pool later this summer, we have a float with a canopy for him to sit in.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the replies!
  • Options
    WipzWipz member
    we have a few inflatables and a boogie board type floater... just got him a vest but it rides up so he looks like has no neck or has handles so that will have to wait till he is a bit bigger lol.

we bought a mommy and me floater..it has a seated ring and an open ring for mommy or daddy to slide into.. its cool but he is just as happy au natural as he is with any of the extras..and we wanted to encourage confidence without aids too.. it's not a big deal for us ..as you could see from previously posted pics ... this kid loves water and has no problems laying horizontal supported..he kicks and tries to use his arms and swallows half the pool.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"