June 2012 Moms

Re: The Boy with No Toys

• Apologies, can't get it clicky.
  • interesting. I just said to DH the other day it is no wonder so many kids have ADD/ADHD nowadays. Everything has lights or sounds or movement or all the above and the kids done' have to play with anything they just "watch" it.

I'm not saying I'm gong to do that, but maybe int h future we ask grandparents to give "experiences" for the holidays/birthdays instead of tons of toys! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • https://www.naturallifemagazine.com/1112/the_boy_with_no_toys.htm

clicky

I can agree with some of this.  Some toys I think are great - like my son's train sets.  Others are really a waste. 

Last year we packed up most of DS's toys before Christmas and have slowly gotten them back out this summer.  It's like having a new toy again! 

image   image

• imageNSYoder26:
    I'm not saying I'm gong to do that, but maybe int h future we ask grandparents to give "experiences" for the holidays/birthdays instead of tons of toys!nbsp;

I thought that was a great idea too.
  • imageDawnLilly:
    imageNSYoder26:
    I'm not saying I'm gong to do that, but maybe int h future we ask grandparents to give "experiences" for the holidays/birthdays instead of tons of toys!nbsp;
    I thought that was a great idea too.

It is a great idea!  Too bad my kids' grandparents have not gotten on board with that concept.  In fact, they buy more and more toys each year.  It drives me crazy.  Most are not electronic, but they all take up space.  DS mostly plays with balls, cars, trains, and Legos, which I think are all great toys.

DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • imageNSYoder26:

My ILs got DS a zoo pass for Christmas. It's a seriously awesome gift. I hope they give it every year!

DS still gets his fair share of toys too. For his birthday he got a bunch of stuff so we put some of the toys away immediately. We didn't even open them up. We're going to rotate toys to keep it from getting too cluttered.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"