VBAC

Did/will you switch providers for your VBAC?

Can't click on the poll tab, but was trying to make one to ask:

If you had or are planning to have a VBAC, are you using the same doctor who performed your c-section or are you switching providers?   

PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  

Re: Did/will you switch providers for your VBAC?

• Switching, but I was with a home birth midwife group the first time and I'd risk out as a VBAC patient, but I wouldn't go back anyway. I've found a different midwife group with a 96% VBAC success rate, so I'm going with them for DC#2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageashie0610:

If you had or are planning to have a VBAC, are you using the same doctor who performed your c-section or are you switching providers?   

I'm staying with my OB. My csection was as a result of pre-eclampsia...so he is fine with me doing a VBAC (as long as everything goes the way it should). 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Loading the player...
  • I switched because I had to change to a different hospital in another county to try my VBAC.  I was able to change at 30 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I switched but I was planning on switching anyway, due to the fact that I wasn't pleased with the care I was given the first time around. 
  • Switching, because the hospital in my small town allows vbac but if for some reason the whole team is not available the day you go into labor then VBAC is automatically off the table.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I switched providers and hospitals for my VBAC.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • I switched providers and hospitals. I went with a Dr. with a higher VBAC rate and the hospital she delivers at is in the same building as her offices so she has easy access to patients. 
  • kbeebkbeeb member
    I switched. My Dr. and Hospital will not perform VBACs, so i had to switch to one 2 hours away :(
    image BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Switched because of the lack of satisfaction from giving me a csection and still wanting to give me a csection with no real cause to have one
  • imagekaro112:
    imageashie0610:

I'm staying with my OB. My csection was as a result of pre-eclampsia...so he is fine with me doing a VBAC (as long as everything goes the way it should). 

That's good to hear.  My situation was similar (PIH) and my doctor seems supportive, but not really sure how to find out the practice's success rate.   Fingers crossed for you that everything goes as planned!

PM me for blog link!

• imagececilyandgautam:
    Switching, but I was with a home birth midwife group the first time and I'd risk out as a VBAC patient, but I wouldn't go back anyway. I've found a different midwife group with a 96% VBAC success rate, so I'm going with them for DC#2.

Wow, 96% sounds like you are in great hands!

PM me for blog link!

• imageashie0610:

imagececilyandgautam:
    Switching, but I was with a home birth midwife group the first time and I'd risk out as a VBAC patient, but I wouldn't go back anyway. I've found a different midwife group with a 96% VBAC success rate, so I'm going with them for DC#2.

Wow, 96% sounds like you are in great hands!

I feel very lucky that the practice exists and is able to practice the way they do. To be fair, they only accept low risk, very healthy patients, so their odds would have been better than average anyway - but I do feel confident that my chances are best with them. 

Alternatively, there's another OB group about 45 minutes from me that accepts all kinds of patients and their VBAC success rate is about 85%, so if I risk out of the midwife group at some point in the pregnancy, I'll go to them.   

BabyFruit Ticker
  • skioskio member
    Used the same. But I lucked out when choosing my OB. He's one of the most supportive of VBAC in the two county area that we live in and he was super laid back about allowing me to do things my way.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I switched providers and hospitals to get the right to be induced and the privilege of going to 41 weeks.

• I switched doctors and hospitals in order to find one that was VBAC friendly and I had a successful VBAC in April.

• Using the same OB. My c section was scheduled with my first due to a breech presentation and a large fibroid making it hard for her to turn. My doctor helped me get a surgeon to remove my fibroid and was even suggesting a VBAC to me at my 6 week check up after having my first. My planned csection went so well, I hadn't even thought about VBAC at the time, but her suggestion made me think it over. Plus, with being a SAHM and having a 2 yo, I would love an easier recovery. Not being able to lift my first daughter will make things difficult.

• I stayed with the same.  My csection was because my dd was breech, which was discovered during my induction.  While telling me I needed a csection my ob said how I could most likely vbac.  He was very supportive through my pregnancy, and wasn't super strict, ie I coud go to 41 weeks and be induced.  He unfortunately is the only doctor who does Vbacs at my hospital, and wasn't on when I delivered my son.  Fortunately, sorta, the on call doctor didnt read my chart, so he didnt realize I was a vbac.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"