C-sections
Options

Stairs

As I get closer to having my rcs I have been thinking about how in order to get to my room I have to climb stairs and then I wonder how that will be while recovering. Anyone have any experience with it?
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stairs

• Options
    I live in an upstairs apartment and was advised by the doctor to limit my use of stairs to once daily for the first two weeks. When I did take the stairs, I just did so slowly and didn't have any issues.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I live in a 2 storey house and I got discharged from the hospital 4 days after my csection and I've had no problem going up and down the stairs multiple times a day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EmR22EmR22 member

I had to go downstairs to get to the kitchen/living room and as long as I took it slow I was fine. I did have my DH carry LO down the stairs for me for the first week or so. I think I could have done it, I was just scared I would drop her. 

My hardest part was getting into bed. Our bed is slightly high and I ended up using my oldest DD step stool to climb into bed. That way I didn't "stretch" my body too much. 

• Options

After my first c/s I had no trouble doing stairs.  I had my twins on a Thursday morning and got home Monday afternoon. 

This past time I had the baby on a Monday evening and I got home Wednesday evening.  Stairs were much harder this time around and overall recovery was harder (even though I took it much easier this time around).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member

I live in a townhouse style house, three flights! It wasn't bad. If it hurts, go down on your butt.

Honestly, getting out of bed was MUCH worse!

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"