Preemies
Options

Home!!!

I forgot to update here - my little man was released from baby jail last Monday!! He is on oxygen and an apnea and pulse ox monitor but he is doing great!! Just wanted to share and say thanks to all of you for your support these last few months!!

I'm not new. I just hate The Bump. 

Re: Home!!!

• Options
    Congratulations! It is the best feeling to be able to hold your baby whenever you want. My son came home on oxygen as well and other than the dogs and us occasionally tripping over the hose it wasn't so bad! Did they say how long they expect him to be on it?
  • Options
    imageBabymaxwell513:
    Congratulations! It is the best feeling to be able to hold your baby whenever you want. My son came home on oxygen as well and other than the dogs and us occasionally tripping over the hose it wasn't so bad! Did they say how long they expect him to be on it?

Thank you! It's so great having him home. They said most likely about 7 or 8 weeks. He has chronic bpd and his lungs have been his biggest battle. How long was yours on it? Did he have the pulse ox monitor, too?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Great news! Congrats!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Options
    Congrats, mama!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    KatFCoKatFCo member
    That's wonderful! Congratulations. It's so great to finally have them home, isn't it? Have you had any reentry issues? I remember our first night it was so rough just because her nasal cannula kept slipping and we couldn't get those stupid little stickers to stay on her face. Such a silly thing now, but I remember it really stressing us out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Congrats! Wonderful news. DD2 came home on an 1/8 liter of o2 along with the pulse-ox, so I totally feel ya. She was on the oxygen for 6 weeks -- they weaned her cold turkey and she rocked it out. ;) 

Just wait until you have the freedom of no wires or oxygen tubes! :)  

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on bring your little guy home!

• Options
    Thank you all very much!!!

• Options
    Wonderful news!  Congratulations!

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

imageKatFCo:
    That's wonderful! Congratulations. It's so great to finally have them home, isn't it? Have you had any reentry issues? I remember our first night it was so rough just because her nasal cannula kept slipping and we couldn't get those stupid little stickers to stay on her face. Such a silly thing now, but I remember it really stressing us out.

The cannula has been driving me up the wall. We finally figured out the perfect combo of tape and stickers to make it stay as long as he doesn't get too squirmy. The biggest issue is the pulse ox; that wouldn't stay if we glued it to his foot. 

• Options
    imageBrummy14:

Congrats! Wonderful news. DD2 came home on an 1/8 liter of o2 along with the pulse-ox, so I totally feel ya. She was on the oxygen for 6 weeks -- they weaned her cold turkey and she rocked it out. ;) 

I can't wait for no wires!! We could power a small country with all the machines in our living room.

For the pulse ox, did you have trouble getting to stay and read properly? Ours keep crapping out. We keep re-taping them but unless we want to cover his foot in tape it won't stay.  

• Options
    imageflerlgirl:
    imageBrummy14:

I can't wait for no wires!! We could power a small country with all the machines in our living room.

For the pulse ox, did you have trouble getting to stay and read properly? Ours keep crapping out. We keep re-taping them but unless we want to cover his foot in tape it won't stay.  

We did fight with the pulse-ox quite a bit. And, insurance would only pay for one sticky per week - so we haaaad to stretch it, no matter what. We usually just had one piece of tape that did the trick -- we just made sure that the red lights lined up on each side of the foot -- that was always the most difficult part. Once we got that set, we usually had a decent amount of luck. 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
  • Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    Amazing news! Congrats!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    tlk432tlk432 member

Congratulations, great news!  My son came home on oxygen as well, and I remember the day he only had to wear it at night and we got to see his face without the tube...it was amazing...he looked so different. 

Wanted to make a couple suggestions for you that helped us out, if you haven't tried them yet.  We put the stickies pretty far up on his temples, and that angle seemed to keep the tube in his nose the best.  We ran out of stickies once and I bought some mole skin that worked pretty well.  We cut the mole skin to about the same size as the sticky and put that on TOP of the sticky on his temples and used the mole skin to hold the tube in place.  And for the pulse ox, we used extra first aid tape to go around his foot again, and then put a sock on his foot to keep it stay.

image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member

Congratulations!!! I remember that I had never been more excited about the word "Discharge" until DD got released! Smile 

DD also had a oxygen, pulse ox, and an apnea monitor when she was released, but it was so much easier having her home than having to go to the NICU everyday.  

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Options
    He was on o2 for 3 weeks.. 2 weeks at 1/16 liter and one week at 1/32 liter. He didn't have a pulse ox though. I hope you are only on o2 for little while :
  • Options
    imagetlk432:

Congratulations, great news!  My son came home on oxygen as well, and I remember the day he only had to wear it at night and we got to see his face without the tube...it was amazing...he looked so different. 

Wanted to make a couple suggestions for you that helped us out, if you haven't tried them yet.  We put the stickies pretty far up on his temples, and that angle seemed to keep the tube in his nose the best.  We ran out of stickies once and I bought some mole skin that worked pretty well.  We cut the mole skin to about the same size as the sticky and put that on TOP of the sticky on his temples and used the mole skin to hold the tube in place.  And for the pulse ox, we used extra first aid tape to go around his foot again, and then put a sock on his foot to keep it stay.

Thank you for the suggestions! He has figured out to how to grab his cannula and eat it, so putting it near his temples might finally thwart his evil plans... 

• Options
    imageBrummy14:
    imageflerlgirl:
    imageBrummy14:

We did fight with the pulse-ox quite a bit. And, insurance would only pay for one sticky per week - so we haaaad to stretch it, no matter what. We usually just had one piece of tape that did the trick -- we just made sure that the red lights lined up on each side of the foot -- that was always the most difficult part. Once we got that set, we usually had a decent amount of luck. 

One of his RTs said to put it around his toe, which has helped some, too. But I didn't think of socks! I have been waiting for the perfect excuse to bust out his Batman socks. Thanks!! 

• Options

imageBabymaxwell513:
    He was on o2 for 3 weeks.. 2 weeks at 1/16 liter and one week at 1/32 liter. He didn't have a pulse ox though. I hope you are only on o2 for little while :

Gotcha. Josh is anywhere from 1/4 to 1/16 right now. I think he's just a drug addict, honestly.  

• Options
    Congratulations! It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I hope the transition has been smooth and you're enjoying every minute!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    congratulations!!!!! 
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

• Options
    Congratulations on bringing home your LO!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"