November 2011 Moms

Swim Floaties

What kind of pool float/life vest does your LO wear?? Everything seems to be for little infants (giant boats with sun shields) or older kids (swim-trainers that tilt the body down and forward). My son loves being in the water and tries to get out of our arms and I'm looking for something to give him a little freedom. Thanks!

Re: Swim Floaties

• Most stores sell a life vests by weight, which is what we have this year. I would check Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Target, ***'s Sporting Goods, Bass Pro Shop, and K-Mart for one of these vests. If you can't find it in the store, they might have them online. That said, we have yet to use it with LO. My DD loved her vest when she was younger. For all I know, LO will hate it and just prefer to be held the whole time in the pool.

ETA: Just to clarify, use a life vest only at this age. The majority of kids the age of our LOs cannot float without support. Swim floaties in the form of arm rings will not help a child that cannot float on their own.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got a swim vest at Walmart with her weight range (20-30 lbs), but it's pretty pointless -- it rides up and doesn't help at all and really just doesn't allow me to hold her safely. I've seen the kind that has a swim top/set built into them, but not sure how well they work.

I feel best with her in her float, but she doesn't like it too much for a long period of time, so I usually end up holding her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Pam973Pam973 member
    We have one it's called puddle jumpers. We got it at target. It says 30 to 50 but it fits my 24 lb well enough and it works great gives her freedom of movement but keeps her head up. Hope this helps
  • Pam973 said:

We have one it's called puddle jumpers. We got it at target. It says 30 to 50 but it fits my 24 lb well enough and it works great gives her freedom of movement but keeps her head up. Hope this helps

This. Except we got ours at Costco. It's a ring that clips around their chest below the arms and has to water wings attached. It works great for DS.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"