Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

No Cry Sleep Solution

Has anyone tried it and had success with it? Or not? If you did, how long did it take before you started to see an improvement. Any tips? DD is 5mos and did a couple weeks of STTN and now she is back to sleeping in 2-4 hr stretches. TIA!

Re: No Cry Sleep Solution

• Options

We did a variation on it. Basically, we set up a bedtime routine and then comforted her immediately when she cried while falling asleep. It worked well for me and not by well for my husband. Basically, LO responds to the two of us and naps vs. bedtime differently.

for bedtime, it started to work pretty quickly..but LO falls asleep on our bed and then I transfer her to the crib. We started, maybe, a bit too young - like 4 months. She has been a baby in need of serious cuddles from the beginning. She was extremely colicky. In anycase, I'd say it was a week maybe two and her crying became less hysterical - more like grumbling - at bedtime. Around the same time she just required less attention to fall asleep. I could put her on the bed between my legs and she would just conk out. Maybe another two weeks and just the sight of us when she woke up was enough for her to soothe herself back to sleep. She self soothes much of the time, as far as i can tell. Recently, I've been able to put her down in the crib directly ( she is 7 months). All of this said, teething has thrown off all sleep and solids has really messed with this too. I think that would have been the case no matter how we put her to sleep.

In the last two weeks she has shifted to getting up once a night. She gets up out of hunger, gas or teething pain.

You might not want to take my experience as an example. for one, i did a variation on the method. for two, i think i might be a sleep training atheist. i've had difficulty finding the inherent threat in not sleep training....and this has affected my approach to LO's bedtime. the looming possibility that she would never be able to self soothe if i did not train was never really viable. This was a child born with a serious need for external soothing and she eventually learned how to do it on her own....and could do so before we started this routine and cuddles etc..  instant offering of cuddles and soothing and popping back in of pacifiers etc. has not in anyway negatively affected her ability to soothe. Setting up a routine and soothing her instantly has helped us get her to bed. Sttn is a ways off yet, since she still wakes up hungry.

• Options
    I used the No Cry Nap Solution and it was amazing. The idea is to gradually transition between what they do and what you want so they don't freak out and scream. We went from in arms to swing to crib with no tears. I haven't needed NCSS because she sleeps well, but I liked the information in it. I'm using the info to gradually shift to going down awake, but Im in no hurry (she nurses to sleep, wakes once MOTN) so I'm not implementing the full strategy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I read just about every popular sleep book out there, and gave this one a shot. It works, but you have to be very consistent, and it can take a loooong time to see improvement. Once he got a little older (5 months and a few weeks) and could self soothe, we decided to go with more of a Ferber approach and let our LO "fuss it out" instead of CIO. It was much faster, so in the end, I think it was less traumatic for our LO because he improved in less than a week.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"