LGBT Parenting

TTC update

Well, Dr called. Wish I could say it was good news. They actually called about 4 hours ago, but I've just been able to log in to the site. I don't even know how I feel right now except empty and sad and then like I've failed my DW. She swears I have not, but I can't help but feel like something is wrong with me. The Dr has no idea why I got a BFP on my home test and then the blood test was a no go. This sucks

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

Re: TTC update

• Aw, I'm so, so sorry.  Every BFN I experienced was devastating.  I imagine it's even more difficult after thinking you were going to receive good news.  I always took a day or two to be upset, but tried to get in a positive mindset moving into the next cycle.  Hoping you will receive your good news soon.
  • I am so sorry to hear your news! Take care of yourself and your DW during this time and regroup for another try.

Queer coupled and having a BABY with the love of my life! Love my life and wouldn't have it any other way!
    First IUI 1/22/2013 BFN: 2/7/2013, Second IUI 2/21/2013 BFN: 3/9/2013, Third IUI 4/23/2013 BFN: 5/8/2013, Fourth IUI 5/24/2013 BFN: 6/7/2013, Fifth IUI 6/24/2013 BFN: 7/8/2013

C began IUI's
    7/23/2013 C's first IUI BFN, 8/21/2013 C's second IUI BFN , Took a break in September and October, 11/05/2013 C's 3rd IUI (TWW...we meet again...) BFN, Took off the month to switch to an RE. 01/01/2014 C's 4th IUI...BFP!!!!!!!! Beta #1- 17, Beta #2- 34, Beta #3-140....  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

03/21/2014 IUI #10...BFP!!! Beta #1- 48, Beta #2- 416, Beta #3- 1018. GROW BABY GROW!!!

1st Ultrasound 4/22/2014 Baby Squints is PERFECT! Measuring at 6w2d with a heartbeat of 129. EDD: 12/12/14.

Ultrasound at 18 weeks on 7/14/2014. Baby is healthy and growing just as she should!

Check out my blog at: http://journeytoparenthoodandmakingmilk.blogspot.com/

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry to hear that. What a tremendous let down. Wishing you comfort and much luck for the future. <3
  • I mostly lurk on this board, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear this. I actually had this happen to me too. I had thought I tested the trigger out and then got a positive but it ended up a BFN. Best of luck next cycle.
  • Shelly2314 so sorry to hear this news, I'm sending you and your wife warm thoughts.
  • :( I'm sorry Shelly
    M: 25  DW: 26
    Married 5/31/13
    TTC #1
    Lesbian mamas to our fur babies
    11/13 - Waiting for test results to get the party started!

• I'm so sorry Shelly.

My RE was very quick to warn me about a "chemical pregnancy" that can show up as a positive HPT but then not come out high enough on the beta. I'm not sure if that is what this was for you, but it is good to know that it can happen. This is why I stopped using HPTs all together and waited for the beta only so I could be sure of a BFN or BFP. Those days of waiting are killer. It was hard to stay away from HPTs but worth it in the end. 

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • I'm not sure if that's what it is either...I wasn't really in the conversational mood when my RE delivered the news. Thank you for letting me know about "chemical pregnancies" though. Whenever we get to try again, I will just have to wait it out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

• imageshelly2314:
    I'm not sure if that's what it is either...I wasn't really in the conversational mood when my RE delivered the news. Thank you for letting me know about "chemical pregnancies" though. Whenever we get to try again, I will just have to wait it out.

Yes, search for chemical pregnancy and you will see what it is and how common too. TTC is sometimes such a mindf***. I'm sorry you are where you are today but here's to looking forward to next time.

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"