Indiana Babies
Options

Nanny Search in the Indy Northside/Carmel Area

Hi ladies,

I'm not due until January, but I know that I'll be going back to work and want to start figuring out childcare.  I would really like a nanny and have a friend due around the same time that might be in as well, but I don't know where to start!  I hear people talk about care.com and something called au pair?  Anyone in the Indy area who has found a nanny in the past have recommendations of how to go about finding candidates?  I'd also be curious in standard pricing if you're willing to share.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Nanny Search in the Indy Northside/Carmel Area

• Options

I'm not usually active on this board but was searching for something today and just happened to see your post! I ultimately found our nanny through a referral service, but I did lots of searching and a few interviews on care.com and sittercity.com. I thought that the quality of candidates on sittercity was better but I would recommend trying both. An au pair is a nanny who actually lives in your home with you; usually you don't actually pay her or you pay a reduced fee because you are providing living expenses for her in exchange for her childcare services.

I pay $13 an hour but I have twin infants. I think the standard range will be between $10-$15/hour depending on how many infants there are to care for an the quality and quantity of experience that the nanny has. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you for the info!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"