Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Introduction

We found out today that we lost our baby.  We went in for an ultrasound and the doctor couldn't find a heartbeat.  We went to the hospital to have the findings confirmed with the same result.  I should have been about 10 weeks, the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks.  I am heartbroken.  We have to go back to the doctor tomorrow to discuss next steps; he has recommended a D&C on Friday of this week.  I don't know what to do and I'm not really ready to think about it.  I definitely need a good night's sleep.
I appreciate your thoughts/advice on D&C versus "wait and see".  I am feeling a little lost and overwhelmed. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Introduction

• I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how awful it is and it breaks my heart that so many have to experience this.

Can't offer advice on the dc but wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • No advice, but I want to offer my support and let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • BRBR member

I am so sorry.  It's horrible to have to make the decision of what to do next.  Everyone is different.  I chose to have a D&C because I just wanted the physical part over with, was scared of having an actual miscarriage, and had no signs of it starting when we found there was no heartbeat.  Others choose to wait to do it naturally, while others take the medicine to move it along.  Talk to your doctor and choose what is best for you.  Good luck.

• So sorry for your loss. I found out two weeks ago that my baby didn't have a heartbeat and it took a week after that for my body to figure it out. I've never had a DC but I've had two natural miscarriages and even though this last one was bad ended up passing out and in the ER from blood loss I think I'd opt to do it the same way if it happened again. But I definitely understand why people would want to just get it over with. My thoughts and prayers are going out to you. You'll make the best decision for you.
  • INJSrbINJSrb member

Thank you all for your responses.  I am scheduled to have a D&E on Friday.  I met with my OBGYN and, separately, my family doctor, today and that helped a lot.  I see my family doctor more regularly so I felt a little more comfortable with her and I really value her opinion.

I cried so much yesterday.  Today I am exhausted.  This is so hard.

• imageBR:

I am so sorry.  It's horrible to have to make the decision of what to do next.  Everyone is different.  I chose to have a D&C because I just wanted the physical part over with, was scared of having an actual miscarriage, and had no signs of it starting when we found there was no heartbeat.  Others choose to wait to do it naturally, while others take the medicine to move it along.  Talk to your doctor and choose what is best for you.  Good luck.

im so sorry for your loss but I agree with this completely.  I needed to have the physical part over with and couldn't deal with the thought of potentially having to wait weeks but everyone deals with their loss differently... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"