Babies on the Brain
Options

What if you smell different...

Alright, so I've googled this to no avail except for snarky responses but I am really curious...

The last few days, I have noticed that my body emits this taco-like smell and I'm curious as to why. It is really pungent when I sweat, and it is still there when I'm not sweating. I haven't eaten anything with any taco seasoning or chili seasoning for several weeks, and nothing in my diet strikes me as something that would cause this. 

I've heard that some women begin to "smell different" when they become pregnant. Could this be an early symptom?? I'm not due yet until late this week or early next week, so I have no reason to take a HPT...I'm just curious why I smell like tacos! I can't stand it! My husband doesn't think it's as bad as I'm making it out to be, but I can hardly handle it anymore. 

Re: What if you smell different...

• Options

I've read that also, but I think it said it wasn't until farther along in the pregnancy, not in the early stages. Maybe you just really want tacos. Or there's a Mexican fiesta going on next door that you don't know about. Or you're just going crazy. 

Dangit. Now I want tacos. 

• Options
    I would recommend not going to the zoo or the animal shelter anytime soon. Nothing drives the beasts crazier than eau de Taco.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Is it your clothes maybe? Did you have your laundry close to the stove while you we're cooking?

Yes... one time I made curry before putting my laundry away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

I LOL'd and choked on my taco a little. 

Did you just start working at Taco Bell? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    Oh my lawd.

• Options

First I was: image

Then I was: image

I then made my way to: image

Finally I was:  image

Thanks for the emotional journey this morning, OP. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    It's called BO. It happens when it's hot outside and things sweat. 
  • Options

imagefredalina:
    RIP me.

Now, if your pee smelled uterusy, you might have something to go on. But tacos? Nah. Unless you really are pregnant. With a girl.

LOL

OP, in case you're really serious, I think it's too early to start smelling like... things. My BO smells different pre-pregnancy, while pregnant and post partum. Lately I smell kinda like maple syrup. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hmm. Did you quit drinking alcohol recently? And drink a lot before? That can actually cause a very bad body smell while your body gets rid of toxins. If not, take a shower.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"