August 2011 Moms
Options

woohoo!

First day home with 2 kids by myself.

We survived the grocery store, though I did have to BF DD in the parking lot so we could make it home without a meltdown.

Both kids are currently asleep. I've had an entire 20 minutes to myself, all of which I have wasted on checking my email and popping over here.

I'm going to go prep dinner while I still have a chance.

Woot!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: woohoo!

• Options

First day home alone AND you went on an outing??  You are so brave!!  Any tips or tricks to share?  Anything that definitely did or did not work?

DH is still off work and school (although he is checking in with work), but he keeps disappearing into the basement and out into the yard.  I think he's trying to give me some trial runs to figure out logistics with the two little ones.  It's been a little unnerving, but I think I'm starting to figure things out.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Well, we needed food, so I had to go shopping. I tried to keep it as normal as possible for DS's sake, so I wore DD in the Ergo so we could still use the snazzy race car shopping cart.

I fed DD RIGHT before we left hoping we could make it home before she needed to eat again, but it took longer, so I ended up feeding her a few minutes in the car before heading home. DS is really good at the grocery store, so that wasn't any different, thank goodness.

I don't know if I just got lucky, or if my strategy worked. (Strategy = feeding right before, using the Ergo, and not making any extra stops)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! I'm super impressed!

You're super mom. My kids are terrible at the grocery store.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You HAVE to take them out right away.  I feel like the longer you wait, the more you scare yourself. Haha.  We are constantly out of the house and while I wouldn't call it smooth sailing, it's become our normal.

Babywearing is a lifesaver in my opinion.  Without my carrier I may never have left the house.  Good job ladybug!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    imageeatmorecupcakes:

You HAVE to take them out right away.  I feel like the longer you wait, the more you scare yourself. Haha.  We are constantly out of the house and while I wouldn't call it smooth sailing, it's become our normal.

Babywearing is a lifesaver in my opinion.  Without my carrier I may never have left the house.  Good job ladybug!!!

Ergo = lifesaver!

This week is just crazy - needed to shop today, doctor appointment tomorrow, possible appointment Wednesday, maybe a meeting on Thursday... I'm exhausted thinking about it. My first week alone, and it's brutal! I agree, though, about getting out - you just have to do it.

• Options

imageRachey1082:
    Wow! I'm super impressed! You're super mom. My kids are terrible at the grocery store.

I joke about DS being stubborn (which he is), but he is just so good out in public (99% of the time). He generally saves his fits for home. I'm pretty sure his first trip to Target was within a day or two of coming home from the hospital, so maybe that got him used to being out and about? I don't know, but I'm rather grateful that he's so good when we are out and about. I hope that DD is the same way.

• Options
    I was impressed that you got out of the house, but when I heard about synchronized naps AND preparing a meal, you were elevated to hero status! :)
    imageimage
  • Options

imageMrs Case:
    I was impressed that you got out of the house, but when I heard about synchronized naps AND preparing a meal, you were elevated to hero status! :)

Pretty sure it was a fluke! Today is pretty rough so far!

• Options
    imageladybugpjb:

imageMrs Case:

Pretty sure it was a fluke! Today is pretty rough so far!

I hope today turns around for you - and BTW, you totally deserved those 20 minutes of doing nothing :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageeatmorecupcakes:

For sure. You just have to pick the right outings, and be ready to accept the fact that it may end up in an utter failure. You know, like taking all 3 kids to the kiddie pool on your own... 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:
    imageeatmorecupcakes:

For sure. You just have to pick the right outings, and be ready to accept the fact that it may end up in an utter failure. You know, like taking all 3 kids to the kiddie pool on your own... 

Kiddie pool with three kids? Wow - thanks for the warning. Over the weekend, I found out about a splash park area not too far from our house - I really want to take DS, but I've been afraid to try it with both kids. Maybe I'll wait on that one!

• Options

imageladybugpjb:
    Over the weekend, I found out about a splash park area not too far from our house - I really want to take DS, but I've been afraid to try it with both kids. Maybe I'll wait on that one!

GO! Splash parks are MUCH easier than kiddie pools.

• Options
    I'm super impressed. I might try the grocery store Thursday just to do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"