C-sections

RCS- Moving it up, what are the chances

I have my RCS for July 29th. However, being I had a growth scan next week and baby is already 6 lbs 11 oz, I don't think I'm going to make it that far. I have my serious doubts about my initial due date but with the amount of contracting I have been having and the serious issues breathing this last week- I'm really thinking that this show will be on the road within the next two weeks.

Having said that, what if any circumstances are used to determing or justify moving up a RCS? Has anyone had theirs moved up? If so, why?

I want baby to be healthy at whatever point he comes, but his growth is really taking a toll on my body.

P.s. No GD, borderline, but not diagnosed per official guidlines.

imageimage

Re: RCS- Moving it up, what are the chances

• They wouldn't move it up for suspected size alone since that can be way off. I would assume they'd move it up if you and/or baby developed a dangerous complication or you went into full blown labor  but it would become an emergency csection at that time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AiylinAiylin member

imageKC_13:
    They wouldn't move it up for suspected size alone since that can be way off. I would assume they'd move it up if you and/or baby developed a dangerous complication or you went into full blown labor  but it would become an emergency csection at that time. 

Right, I want to avoid the emergency scenario. That was no fun last time I did it.

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageAiylin:

imageKC_13:
    They wouldn't move it up for suspected size alone since that can be way off. I would assume they'd move it up if you and/or baby developed a dangerous complication or you went into full blown labor  but it would become an emergency csection at that time. 

Right, I want to avoid the emergency scenario. That was no fun last time I did it.

no offense, but what you want doesn't really matter in this scenario. they're not going to push up a C-section date because you think you might deliver early, you're uncomfortable and baby is measuring big. its safest to get closest to 40 weeks as possible. unless delivery is imminent or someone's life is at risk are the only reasons to move a section date up. there's reasons why C-sections are scheduled in the 39th week. it's whats most ideal for lo.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My water broke with DS before my scheduled RCS. I went to the hospital and had my c/s a few hours later. I had an emergency c/s with DD and my second c/s was much less stressful. I don't really see why going into labor early would be an emergency situation unless there's some reason it would be dangerous for you to labor at all. Oh, and I did have GD. And I hated the last month of pregnancy just like, you know, every other mother in history.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"