March 2013 Moms
Options

Short naps

So, LO has the night time sleeping down and it's great, but naps suck.
She is up for about 45 minutes to an hour, naps for 30 to 45 minutes, eats and plays. This goes on all day! It's so hard to get out of the house lately.

Is anyone else going through the short nap phase? Any advice on what I can do to help DD consolidate her naps?

Re: Short naps

• Options
    Your lo might be overtired or undertired. In my experience, 30 min nap means overtired and 45 min means undertired. Every baby is different though

If I were you I would tweak his/her awake time. How old is lo? Start with the average awake time, then shortened it first by 10 min, if it doesn't work, lengthen it by 10 min.
  • Options
    Ugh. Mine will go all day with one 30 minute nap. I'm envious of you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! dD has been cat napping lately its way annoying! She was doing one hour in the morning 2 and 1/2 in the afternoon and an hour late afternoon and it was great...but that's out the window now
  • Options
    imageleahstarrh:
    Yes! dD has been cat napping lately its way annoying! She was doing one hour in the morning 2 and 1/2 in the afternoon and an hour late afternoon and it was great...but that's out the window now[/quote

This! :

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    DD does 30-45 minute naps during the day and sleeps 7:30/8pm-6am most nights straight through. I let her do her thing. I figure she's getting the sleep she needs. 
  • Options
    I am so mad at myself for trying to alter her naps! She usually sleeps 6:307pm to 6am and last night she was up every 3 hours! Wtf?!
    I'm letting her nap however she wants to and not complaining again!
  • Options
    My LO has been sleeping through the night since 6 weeks, but naps are pretty well 20 minute cat naps here and there, and not usually when she's on me.  The SECOND I put her down, she wakes up :(  It's very difficult to get anything done (ie get a shower lol)

She had a pretty good week last week, and napped a couple times for a half hour or so each day, but no go this week.  Not sure what to do, but so far I just let her go.  I figure she'll sleep if she's tired.  She's conking out for a nap just as I write this :)
    Good luck  Smile
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

OP I could have written that a few weeks ago. He was taking (5) 45 minute naps a day. sometimes he'd wake up happy and other times cranky and I knew he was still hungry.

The day he turned 12 weeks, he started changing his "schedule" - his morning nap became a little longer (1 - 1 1/2 hours most days) and he could stay awake longer inbetween naps. His afternoon nap was a lot longer but he still needed help transitioning through sleep cycles, then one short evening nap.

At 15 weeks (I think?) this is what he's doing (for example, might vary slightly by day)

Awake at 7

Nap 1 -  9-1030

Nap 2 - 1245 -300 (needs to be picked up and rocked back down inbetween)

Nap 3 - 5-545

Bedtime 800

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"