Babies on the Brain
Options

Anyone

Do any of you ladies know about the monolinyah birth control pill? Have you had trouble with it? My obgyn switched my birth control for no reason after I requested a laprosopy. I haven't heard nothing about it and prefer not to switch again, because I believe my birthcontrol is what is causing all of my pain, I noticed it had the same generic name as my other pill which is orthotricyclen. I would love to hear if you ladies had troubles or success with it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Anyone

• Options

imageTiffblue92:
    Do any of you ladies know about the monolinyah birth control pill? Have you had trouble with it? My obgyn switched my birth control for no reason after I requested a laprosopy. I haven't heard nothing about it and prefer not to switch again, because I believe my birthcontrol is what is causing all of my pain, I noticed it had the same generic name as my other pill which is orthotricyclen. I would love to hear if you ladies had troubles or success with it. Thanks in advance.

:headdesk:

The bolded is more than likely why your OB/GYN switched your birth control pills for a different brand. Methinks its to try to take baby steps before jumping to surgery. Ya know, why jump to something that has more risks involved when the real issue could be the type of pill you are on.

• Options

I am just wondering why you requested a laparoscopy? Did you have an abnormal pap or any concerns from your OB? I definitely wouldn't ask for surgery if it was possibly unneeded.

Like PP said, most OB's will switch BCPs to see if it will help before they do anything more drastic. And surgery is pretty drastic.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageTiffblue92:

It may just be a new generic version of the same pill. New generics are always coming out and you're prescription would be changed automatically if your pharmacy switched which generic they were carrying.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"