Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

12 week M/C, D&C, So many questions!

I have suffered from PCOS for 13 years, been married for 11, and I've never been pregnant.

I recently lost 30lbs, got in shape, and was really enjoying life, and suddenly I found out I was pregnant. We were over the moon grateful and so excited. On Father's Day we announced that we were pregnant to our church  (my husband is a pastor). I never had any problems, no cramping, bleeding, or any problems! 

We went in on Tuesday for our 12 week u/s and checkup only to find that our baby had died. We were scheduled for a D&C later that day. Since then I've experienced the worse constipation of my life, bloating, cramping, low abdominal and lower back pain, headaches.

I'm so sad, I can't sleep, I'm having dreams. I can tell my hormones are changing...I'm an emotional mess. My body feels different, but I can't pinpoint it. I'm scared about lactating (I had a dream about it). I'm worried about going back to work (tomorrow) at a preschool where my other two coworkers are also pregnant. 

I'm scared of never feeling normal again.  How long will the cramping last? The pain? The sore stomach? I'm a mess! 

Re: 12 week M/C, D&C, So many questions!

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I didn't have a d and c, we induced labor for my missed miscarraige no heartbeat at 17 weeks. It does sound like hormones getting back to normal. My breasts hurt for a week, but no leaking and seem to have settled down to mildly tender. My bleeding is all over the place.... Spotting to heavy with clots and back, good luck. I am 9 days out. I guess a d and c can put you back on track quicker. T P
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I am so sorry! I had a DnC for Missed miscarriage at 15 weeks baby made it to 14 weeks.  The DnC wasn't that bad but I handle surgery pretty well.  The cramping afterwards was managed by ibuprofen 800.  And I stopped it after 2 days.  I was up and walking around the day after.  I did lay low for about 2 days though.  Now my emotions were all over the place.  Your hormones will drop rapidly after the DnC. You will feel like you are crashing.  I did for about two weeks. At my 2 week appt my hcg was 4 and the Dr. said that was normal.  The dr. Actually recommended 2 weeks off work for me.  I took  a week and half, but the first 2 days back to work were sooo hard.  I am a schoolteacher. I am so sorry about your loss.  You might be surprised at how your husband congregation will support you.   Hugs! 

BFP #1 April 28, 2009 - miscarriage 5/17/2009
    BFP #2 March 21, 2010 CP 3/28/2010
    BFP # 3 August 1, 2010 baby boy April 7, 2011
    BFP #4 February 9, 2013 missed miscarriage @ 15 weeks on May 1st , 2013.
    fingers crossed BFP #5 10/03/2013 due June 10, 2014. Unplanned C-Section on May 29, 2014. Welcome Grant!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"