Babies: 6 - 9 Months

OMG!

So I posted the other day about LO's dr appointment, the broken washer, and replacing the a/c all in one week.  

MH is gone so I'm alone with LO.  This morning @ 3am I got a scare when the front door was violently banged on and the storm door swung open and slammed shut.  The front door is right next to my bedroom.  I called 911 and tensely waited for the cops.  I have never been so scared in my life!  After looking around he didn't see anything, but asked how long the branch had been on the roof.  I thought it was odd b/s I had seen a branch on the porch roof about the length of my arm and half as wide.  But why he was asking about it idk.  In the meantime, I called my brother to come spend the night.  He decided to check out the back yard and it turns out half a giant oak tree is on the back of the house!!  I never heard it hit the back but the force of it caused the doors to rattle so hard it was like someone trying to break down the door.  Luckily, my FIL and BIL were able to come over and cut up the tree and get it off the house.  there are only a couple of small holes that we were able to cover with extra shingles until we could fix it permenantly.  

All of this when MH is gone. And not just out of town, but out of the country and out of touch!!  He is NEVER allowed to leave again! 

Re: OMG!

• Oh my! I hope the rest of the time he is away is uneventful for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    You may want to call your insurance company and have someone come out and inspect the house for structural damage. During Hurricane Katrina my parents had a tree fall on the house. It didn't even damage the roof but caused some of the structural beams in the attic to be damaged. With the luck you have been having lately, I'd definitely get it checked out!
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    And PS- my DH travels a lot with his work and it never fails- if the kids are going to be sick or something else goes wrong, it's always when he's not here to help! HUGS!!
    imageimage
  • laura1laura1 member

imageLSU628:
    And PS- my DH travels a lot with his work and it never fails- if the kids are going to be sick or something else goes wrong, it's always when he's not here to help! HUGS!!

This!  My DH hardly ever travels, but when I was 33 wks pg with DD#2, he went away and at 12am all the fire alarms in the house went off.  The 2 big kids were hysterical, and I had no idea what was setting off the alarms.  I had to carry both kids down the stairs and put them in the car to investigate.  Finally I had the fire dept come and they stopped them.  Still not sure what set them off!  Then when DD#2 was about 5 weeks old, DH went away again.  He left, then 2 hours later DD#1 was vomitting all over the place.  Awesome.  A week later, he went away again, and again, I got a call from DS's school that he was sick - and dealt with the stomach bug with him.  I had to put a stop to DH's travels after that!!!

Glad you were all ok - that must have been so scary!! 

TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"