Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Newborn not sleeping?

Hello!

We have been in the process of trying to find a formula (upon doc recommendation) that works. 

We switched Thursday night and Friday/Saturday day was great.  Then Saturday night he made a gagging noise and puked, then made a gagging noise twice more that night.

Today has been horrible.  He has only slept 4 hours since 7 a.m (he is 3 1/2 weeks old).  I have him swaddled, white noise, paci... he keeps waking up and is fussy.

Help!

P.S. I will be talking to the doc tomorrow but I need to make it through the night with my sanity.

Re: Newborn not sleeping?

• Options
    It happens. Its not so unusual. They are learning how to live, sleep and eat. Get through it the best you can. Try a warm bath and give some baby massage with some lotion or oil. Pay attention to the tummy, chest and legs. You can warm the oil/lotion a bit before you start and that is really nice for baby. 

Then swaddle them up and try a different white noise. You might even try some soft spa music or classical. Switch it up. Whatever you are doing now is not working so keep trying things until it works. If you need to hop in the car and drive around. 

Have you tried vibration? DD's bassinet came with a vibrating clip. She loved it. So if you have something that can vibrate the mattress it might be worth a try. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Are you putting him down to sleep? I held or wore my LO pretty much non stop for 3 weeks. I even slept with her on my chest. Then she slowly started to get more comfy with the world. They are tiny, used to being warm and cuddled 24/7. Sometimes it just takes time to get them used to this big scary world.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagePrimRoseMama:
    It happens. Its not so unusual. They are learning how to live, sleep and eat. Get through it the best you can. Try a warm bath and give some baby massage with some lotion or oil. Pay attention to the tummy, chest and legs. You can warm the oil/lotion a bit before you start and that is really nice for baby. 

Then swaddle them up and try a different white noise. You might even try some soft spa music or classical. Switch it up. Whatever you are doing now is not working so keep trying things until it works. If you need to hop in the car and drive around. 

Have you tried vibration? DD's bassinet came with a vibrating clip. She loved it. So if you have something that can vibrate the mattress it might be worth a try. 

all of this. Sometimes babies have rough nights. Just get through it and give it a little time... Then if LO seems to be haing tummy troubles, talk to your pedi about switching formula. It might just be normal baby stuff totally unrelated to the formula. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"