3rd Trimester

Still working 10 hour shifs @ 35wks... how are you holding up?

Hi All,

Just looking for some sisterhood from other working moms to be. I'm still working 4 10 hour shifts a week as a vet tech/hospital manager... being tugged and pulled by big dogs and on my feet all day, still mopping the facility and scrubbing kennels. I'm feeling pretty exhausted at the end of the day but pretty tough too! I have a fantastic waddle going too. How are you guys holding up and getting through it? Feel free to vent about the aches and pains ~ looking for support not judgment here people :) 

Re: Still working 10 hour shifs @ 35wks... how are you holding up?

• Yep. 44 hours a week. I work in radiology at a large hospital. Tons of pushing, pulling, and lifting patients. I work 12 hrs a day on weekends and 2 days that are 10 hours during the week. In 2 weeks I drop to weekends only. Mainly low back pain and sometimes I feel like ive been riding a bicycle for days...aka crotch pain. Mainly I just get exhausted.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I work 12s Fri-Sun nights as a surgical technologist and it is def wearing on me. I have 3 more weekends after this one, thank goodness. It is a lot of work, pushing equipment and on your feet a lot. It is def getting a lot harder but I'm pushing through just trying to make it a few more weeks. I'm 35 weeks also.
    TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAmeliaKris:
    Yep. 44 hours a week. I work in radiology at a large hospital. Tons of pushing, pulling, and lifting patients. I work 12 hrs a day on weekends and 2 days that are 10 hours during the week. In 2 weeks I drop to weekends only. Mainly low back pain and sometimes I feel like ive been riding a bicycle for days...aka crotch pain. Mainly I just get exhausted.

I use to work another shift during the week also but cut down to weekends a couple of weeks ago. It was too much and I'm so glad I did!

TTC Since Oct 08 BFP #1- 1/23/09, missed m/c 2/26/09 BFP #2- 9/8/09, natural m/c 9/16/09 BFP #3- 4/13/10, missed m/c 5/26/10 BFP #4- 4/6/11 beta#1 at 12dpo-133 prog-55.7, beta#2 at 16dpo- 861 DD born 12/8/2011 BFP#5- 11/23/12 EDD 7/25/13 Dx- Uterine septum (removed Aug 2010), endo, MTHFR C677t hetero, Factor II hetero, Low Protein S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel you! I'm an RN and work 3 12 hour shifts plan to work to the end. Remind myself to drink lots of water and wear compression stockings helps with feet soreness immensely! my crotch always is sore too! i exercise and nap on my days off it helps. Planning a massage in a week or 2! I'm 34 weeks! You can do it! Treat yourself well
  • I have two jobs. I work at least 60 hours per week. My 40 hour per week job is a sit down role. Easy there. My second job is as a server, so at least 20 hours per week. It's tough. Lots of walking, bending, cleaning, carrying racks of glasses and other heavy things. Not fun lol. I'm staying strong though. I hope to keep working until the baby comes.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• 37 weeks here and working at least 40 hours a week, most on my feet. It's starting to get rough! I can't wait for Nugget to arrive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 35 weeks and working from 8AM every day until I get so tired I have to go to bed (usually around 10PM) here!  Haven't taken a day off in over three weeks.  Finally going to take a day off on Tuesday because I'm just exhausted!   Trying to finish up my big projects before the baby is born so I'm packing in the house.  Luckily most of my day is spent in the office on my computer with my feet up on another chair.  The other half is spend walking around on site which can get soooo exhausting!  Especially today when it suddenly got really hot and humid.  But, I know I'll be happy I put in the work now so I can enjoy the baby when s/he arrives!

I also just started this job three weeks ago so I'm trying to make a good impression and prove that it's OK to hire super pregnant women because they will work just as hard as everyone else!  Representing for all the pregnant ones who need to find jobs later in their pregnancies.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Busting butt as a waitress for 40 hours a week. It's tough. Lifting the kegs has become a challenge and my bosses have pulled me from the bar because I keep knocking bottles over with my belly. Ugh.

I can't wait til August 1st. I get to take my vacation, come back for 1 shift, then start my LOA for 6 months. I'm so very ready and excited. 

• imageetoille:

imageMommyKristin88:
    I have two jobs. I work at least 60 hours per week. My 40 hour per week job is a sit down role. Easy there. My second job is as a server, so at least 20 hours per week. It's tough. Lots of walking, bending, cleaning, carrying racks of glasses and other heavy things. Not fun lol. I'm staying strong though. I hope to keep working until the baby comes.

Rockin out at 70 plus hours a week.  Not all on my feet though.

Would kill to have a 40 hour a week job.

Desk jobs have their perks, but they aren't all wonderful. It would be nice if it paid enough, so I wouldn't need a second job. Oh well...

BabyFruit Ticker

• Well done ladies! It is great to hear about hard working mums. I am a self employed beauty therapist, usually work about 50 hours on the shop floor. I am only 12 weeks preggo now, so due January. I usually work about 65-70 over December, everyone wants to look great for xmas!! It's encouraging to hear that I can do it!

I just worry about getting close enough to clients to be able to wax them haha, with my big belly in the way! 

• imageKristinaJones85:
    Hi All,Just looking for some sisterhood from other working moms to be. I'm still working 4 10 hour shifts a week as a vet tech/hospital manager... being tugged and pulled by big dogs and on my feet all day, still mopping the facility and scrubbing kennels. I'm feeling pretty exhausted at the end of the day but pretty tough too! I have a fantastic waddle going too. How are you guys holding up and getting through it? Feel free to vent about the aches and pains looking for support not judgment here people :nbsp;

I'm a tech too. Same hours as well. And the animals suck for not realizing they shouldn't be kicking me in the stomach or dragging me down a hallway lol.
    Most of my coworkers have been pretty considerate helping our with lifting and things but my boss still expects me to roll around on the floor with 150 pound dogs. One of these days I won't be getting back up!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm a server at a restaurant working full time. carrying trays and stuff too. it's tough, my feet hurt a lot, but i pull through. :) 
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I'm still working 4 ten hours days in child care at 40 1/2 weeks pregnant. it's exhausting but I don't want to waste any time without LO 

• KMRR86KMRR86 member
    Mad props to all you ladies for sure!!! You are all amazing! 40 hrs a week here working in a bank, so not physically demanding but lots of walking all over the branch. I make sure I always have liquids and put up my feet when I have a minute. Smile
  • Another fellow vet tech here! Glad you are holding in there! 28 weeks here and I am starting to have trouble getting down on the floor with those big dogs, and they sure seem to have a heck of a lot easier time dragging me around the hospital!

I just keep thinking: at least I don't have to shoot radiographs right now!! (not my favorite)

Keep holding in there and thanks for giving me some hope!

• We are kicking butt ladies! I've got the shooting crotch pain too, what's up with that? Nothing like a group of tough, hard-working women to help me remember that I'm not the only one out there, good luck to us all and thank goodness we'll be able to take a break soon... ha ha.... 
  • Seriously, I often think the animals are so selfish for not sensing that I'm pregnant... lol 
  • imageMommyKristin88:
    I have two jobs. I work at least 60 hours per week. My 40 hour per week job is a sit down role. Easy there. My second job is as a server, so at least 20 hours per week. It's tough. Lots of walking, bending, cleaning, carrying racks of glasses and other heavy things. Not fun lol. I'm staying strong though. I hope to keep working until the baby comes.

This is me. Serving is getting harder every day, but it is the job I REALLY like! My office job is boring!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be 29 weeks tomorrow and have been working 5 days a week, 60 hour work weeks. My Dr wants me to cut back which is going to be hard because it is very busy right now. Hoping to cut down to the normal 40 hour work week soon.

I am very tired but also restless when I actually do try to sleep. Juggling work and the kids going to summer camp has been hard this go around. 

• imagebabystu2:

imageMommyKristin88:

This is me. Serving is getting harder every day, but it is the job I REALLY like! My office job is boring!  

Same here!!!! I wish the money serving was more consistent, so I wouldn't need 2 jobs. My feet are usually killing me by the end of a 6+ hour shift though, so maybe it's good I'm not doing it daily. I worked 10 hours on Saturday. That was tough!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Almost 34 weeks and plan on sticking to my 4/10 schedule til the end. I'm tired at the end of the day feet and hips hurt but soon I'll be off til Jan 2nd and enjoying LO.
  • I'm doing 11 hours a day four days a week. I chase two toddlers and one 7 year old around all day! Luckily the younger two take a nap, so I get a break in the middle of the day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"