June 2012 Moms
Options

playing

It sounds silly, but yesterday I gave DD a baby doll to play for the first time. She was giving the baby kisses and it made me emotional! First, because she is now moving to toddler play/ make believe, two because she is mimicking how she is cared for.

Where did time go?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: playing

• Options
    DS just started making truck noises when he plays with one. He doesn't have any dolls but I planned on getting one to aid in potty training. Maybe I should get one now. That's adorable that she gives it kisses.
  • Options

My 11 year old SIL has a giant stuffed doll she keeps on her bed and DS lays on it and hugs it and gives it kisses. It's soo cute!

He also hugs other littles at daycare and when he's around them.

At his birthday, a friend of DH's had a small bouncy thing he let us borrow for the kids that came. Before anyone got there, we put DS in and he immediately started bouncing on it. How does he know?!?!?! I have these moments all the time when I just have no idea how he knows how/what to do with certain things. I am constantly amazed!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thats really cute. I would have been emotional too! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hear ya! DD got a doll and she loves that thing!! She hugs and pats the babies butt: soo cute.. Where is my newborn???
  • Options
    Cute!  DD doesn't play with dolls yet, but when I pick her up to hug her, she pats my shoulder.  And she tries to brush her hair, read books, and talk on the phone (or any phone-shaped object).  They are little mimics!
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • Options
    My dd LOVES her baby dolls! She carries them around and kisses them all the time. She even started saying baby...which comes out more like 'baybay"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Aww, that's adorable!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got DS a boy cabbage patch and a cabbage patch pet that looks like a cat. I sit them on his finding nemo couch and he sits in between them like they are all buddies lmao
  • Options
    DD does that too, and she definitely says 'baby'.  Where did our little kiddos go? :(
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebunnyfungo:
    Aww. DD doesn't do any of that [:] She's working too hard at this walking business. I'll be pretty excited when she does more for play than banging things together lol

Oh DS still mostly just bangs things together! But he's started mimicking a lot. He'll even blow kisses now! Too cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"