LGBT Parenting

Confused?

Has anyone received a positive OPK after ovulating?

Fertility Friend indicated my ovulation date was CD17 based on  a rise in BBT temps.  I received my first very dark positive Wondfo OPK line on CD18 (evening) and a positive Clearblue OPK on CD19 (morning).  So my question is which is right?  Can I Ovulate before getting a positive OPK? 

Also I should note that my rising times are inconsistent, some nights I temp after 3 hours of sleep, some after 2, some longer.  It all depends on Kaden's sleep schedule. So I realize the BBT is not 100% accurate but this happened last month too where FF told me I ovulate on CD14 but I received my first positive OPK on CD15.

Sorry if this is as confusing to read as it is for me to puzzle out in my head.

Re: Confused?

• Sorry, momma, I'm no help here.  Though, I think you are right in thinking that the temps aren't super reliable if you are temping at different times.  Maybe someone here can give you some direction, but hopefully you have a few months to temp/chart and figure things out. :-)  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can have a positive surge last longer than a day. They are most likely both right, I have had positives for 3 days in a row sometimes.  You won't have ovulated BEFORE a positive opk you will sometime in the window of 48 hours.  Also, those temps would be wacky as you do need the 3 hours before temping to have them really be predictive.

It's important to note that you can also get positive opk's and NOT ovulate at all. The positive just reflects the LH surge which can happen as your body gears up to ovulate. Some women gear up more than once.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    me:33 my wife:32      married in June '12
    LONG road through IF ending in heartbreak and frustration.
    Moving on to Adoption : matched 5/14! 
    Our beautiful son was born August 25, 2014!! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for the feedback - I think you're both right and that I ovulated after the OPK, how soon after still to be determined Wink.  At least this narrows down my fertile window a little bit.

Here's to hoping things get clear over the next month or so.Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"